• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about GF direct!

TraJon

Mouseketeer
What exactly do we ask for to get the best deal going? I see and have read that 150 points comes to 161! I understand we would use Magical Beginnings to sell 2022 with a use year of October or December. We don’t have a guide.

We are currently DVC resale with an October use year. Thank you!!

What exactly do we ask for to get the best deal going? I see and have read that 150 points comes to 161! I understand we would use Magical Beginnings to sell 2022 with a use year of October or December. We don’t have a guide.

We are currently DVC resale with an October use year. Thank you!!

Just get a guide. They will lay it all out for you. October is a no brainer to get the 2022 MB pts. Just do it quick.

Call or email Bill Koontz he's a "virtual guide" and will be in the office tomorrow.

407-827-5172

Here's the breakdown.

150x$217= $32 550
-( $3585 , 5 free pts + summer savings of $2500)
= $28 965
- $3300 magical beginnings
= $25665
- $1500 welcome home trip booked
= $24165 / 150pt = $161.10

If you dont have a trip planned, book one 2 months out with pts and then cancel it. (just dont let the pts go into holding).

Just get a guide. They will lay it all out for you. October is a no brainer to get the 2022 MB pts. Just do it quick.

Call or email Bill Koontz he's a "virtual guide" and will be in the office tomorrow.

407-827-5172

Here's the breakdown.

150x$217= $32 550
= $28 965
= $25665

If you dont have a trip planned, book one 2 months out with pts and then cancel it. (just dont let the pts go into holding).
Thank you!! Thank you! We have a trip planned for December with our current resale dvc points? That qualifies? Fantastic! I appreciate this so much.

Thank you!! Thank you! We have a trip planned for December with our current resale dvc points? That qualifies? Fantastic! I appreciate this so much.
Yes that trip qualifies. That’s exactly what we had - a dvc resale points trip booked in December. Our guide just asked us resort and checkout date.

407-827-5172

Here's the breakdown.

150x$217= $32 550
= $28 965
= $25665

Can you explain what you mean by “welcome home trip booked”?

Thanks!

Can you explain what you mean by “welcome home trip booked”?

Thanks!
There's an incentive right now where if you have an upcoming trip booked, they will give you a credit of 1500 dollars toward the purchase of your DVC contract

There's an incentive right now where if you have an upcoming trip booked, they will give you a credit of 1500 dollars toward the purchase of your DVC contract
It’s $1000 for new DVC members, $1500 for current members.

I, a potential member a month ago, just went on their website and clicked on the chat now box. That’s how I met my guide. I was leaning heavily towards resale but came across these other incentives on this forum and I wanted to confirm it. I asked a few questions and then gave him my email address and then I got an email with the offer sheet soon after. Lo and behold I bought 150 direct for VGF.

I, a potential member a month ago, just went on their website and clicked on the chat now box. That’s how I met my guide. I was leaning heavily towards resale but came across these other incentives on this forum and I wanted to confirm it. I asked a few questions and then gave him my email address and then I got an email with the offer sheet soon after. Lo and behold I bought 150 direct for VGF.
This is exactly what I did a week ago!! She was amazing and helped ensure we got all of the discounts. We did 200 direct to VGF.

Note that the price above does not include closing costs - approximately $815.
The other thing to consider is that it doesn't include annual dues. We purchased 200 pts for VGF direct earlier this summer and did it over 3 payments on a credit card to get the points. It just recently closed and last night I got an email that they were charging my credit card for the prorated annual dues!

In fairness, it is in the fine print of the contract for when you sell them back your points for Magical Beginnings. I just didn't notice it. If we did notice it, I'm sure I didn't think dues would apply to me since I didn't have use of my 2023 points. But - as the DVC member services people told me today - dues apply since I have use of all the "benefits" even if I don't have the points. The dues get billed to you after closing.

The other thing to consider is that it doesn't include annual dues. We purchased 200 pts for VGF direct earlier this summer and did it over 3 payments on a credit card to get the points. It just recently closed and last night I got an email that they were charging my credit card for the prorated annual dues!

In fairness, it is in the fine print of the contract for when you sell them back your points for Magical Beginnings. I just didn't notice it. If we did notice it, I'm sure I didn't think dues would apply to me since I didn't have use of my 2023 points. But - as the DVC member services people told me today - dues apply since I have use of all the "benefits" even if I don't have the points. The dues get billed to you after closing.
Good reminder…but just to clarify, that’s only for 2023 points correct? If you got 2022 points they’re gratis with no dues is that correct?

And so it begins 😂😂
Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾🎈 & welcome home!

Good reminder…but just to clarify, that’s only for 2023 points correct? If you got 2022 points they’re gratis with no dues is that correct?
I believe so. Definitely ask your guide and read the magical beginning add on part of the contract for that detail.

This is exactly what I did a week ago!! She was amazing and helped ensure we got all of the discounts. We did 200 direct to VGF.

Us too! I called late on a Monday afternoon to confirm the incentives. A few minutes in to the call husband comes home. We bought right on that phone call lol. Not even an hour total. SOLD! :smickey:

We bought in June with a Sept UY. Sold back 2022 points. I think prorated monthly dues start from contract date, so technically we’ll be paying 3 months of dues on those 2022 points. About $300 of the $3300 rebate.

Now Sept is here, my 2023 points loaded and over the next 12 months we’ll pay a year of dues. The last year of points will end up with just 5 months of dues with the Jan 31st expiration.

Dues are billed prorated on the calendar year and not use year. The only dues owed for buying in the 2023 calendar year are 2023 dues.

If you purchased a contract with 2022 UY points in the 2023 calendar year there are no 2022 dues owed.

Dues are billed prorated on the calendar year and not use year. The only dues owed for buying in the 2023 calendar year are 2023 dues.

If you purchased a contract with 2022 UY points in the 2023 calendar year there are no 2022 dues owed.
Perfect thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter