• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about GF direct!

I'm sure I didn't think dues would apply to me since I didn't have use of my 2023 points.

Good reminder…but just to clarify, that’s only for 2023 points correct? If you got 2022 points they’re gratis with no dues is that correct?
Dues are for operations and maintenance of your home resort for the calendar year and have nothing to do with UY. That’s why you are paying a prorated share of CY 2023 dues - you have to support your home resort whether you stay there or not during that CY, because now you’re an owner there.

Yes, resale price negotiations do often take UY into account, but that’s between seller and buyer.

^ I didn’t make that clear in my last post. Dues are tied to the calendar regardless of point status.

With direct there can be advantage - the closer you buy to end of your UY the less months of dues you’ll pay during that first year of points. If we bought our Sept UY in March instead of June, we’d owe 3 more months worth of dues. If I waited 2 more months until August it would saved us ~$200 more in dues (VGF 150pts). How much this advantage is worth depends on how soon you want to start booking trips with your points! :) and timing of incentives. Today someone looking to buy Feb UY might want to pay the extra months of dues to get Summer Incentives deal and start looking for a trip in April tomorrow after the points load.

^ I didn’t make that clear in my last post. Dues are tied to the calendar regardless of point status.

With direct there can be advantage - the closer you buy to end of your UY the less months of dues you’ll pay during that first year of points. If we bought our Sept UY in March instead of June, we’d owe 3 more months worth of dues. If I waited 2 more months until August it would saved us ~$200 more in dues (VGF 150pts). How much this advantage is worth depends on how soon you want to start booking trips with your points! :) and timing of incentives. Today someone looking to buy Feb UY might want to pay the extra months of dues to get Summer Incentives deal and start looking for a trip in April tomorrow after the points load.
This is exactly the reason why I'm waiting on buying more RIV. I have an April UY and don't need the points immediately. Am I taking a risk missing out on this current set of incentives? Yes. But it's a risk I'm willing to take. If I buy 3 months later in December it saves 300 dollars in dues, if I decide to lock in between winter and spring and the spring incentives are even better, I'll cancel the winter contract and wait 3 months and have saved 3 months worth of dues and receive the prior UY of points for free.

Guess I need to find 25k.

The question has to be asked. Why is this deal so good?
You can get VGF down from $217 per point to $161 per point direct. This is on par with some resale VGF contracts and not much higher than other MK resorts resale. It could also be the last chance to purchase unrestricted direct points actively on sale with incentives from DVD.

You can get VGF down from $217 per point to $161 per point direct. This is on par with some resale VGF contracts and not much higher than other MK resorts resale. It could also be the last chance to purchase unrestricted direct points actively on sale with incentives from DVD.
I get that. But why are they offering such a sweet deal on a premium resort.

Oh sorry I misread that. Sales had been slow for VGF and many have speculated that DVD wants the current MK resort "sold out" before Poly Tower goes on sale for less competition. VGF is also 100% declared unlike Riviera which Disney has no trouble renting out for cash. DVC was also called out on an investors call for a slump in sales so this really helped things pick up. It may have honestly sold a little too well which is why it's going up $13 on 9/12 while other resorts are remaining the same price.

Guess I need to find 25k.

The question has to be asked. Why is this deal so good?
Yes I’d be finding that $25k.
And like PolyRob said, sales and Poly2 are a factor imo. And this could very well be the last resort sold direct without resale restrictions, which, if true, will significantly increase in value as new resorts are offered.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this will be a sold out resort by Summer of next year (or before), so it’ll increase in value pretty quickly thereafter. I also agree that maybe it sold “too well” and inventory depleted quickly. From what I’ve seen it went from offerings a Sept UY to April within a few months (anyone with actual data please chime in here) which shows them flying through points at lightning speed.

I think they found the sweet spot with price and desirable resort. Keep in mind, you don’t have to have a contract signed to get this deal, but you do need to get it drafted ASAP (like today) so it can submitted to DVD for approval to get an Oct or Dec UY (which you must have to get 2022 points to sell back for the Magical beginnings promo). You have 30 days to sign then 10 days to rescind after signing.

You have 30 days to sign then 10 days to rescind after signing.

When I asked guide, they said yeah you can not sign for a couple of weeks no problem, but never committed to a number of days. Is that 30 days mentioned somewhere when the draft is made? I can't seem to find it. Not sure it spells out that downpayment is refundable before signing either.
Kind of getting nervous! Not feeling great, but honestly I never feel great about any purchase initially :)

When I asked guide, they said yeah you can not sign for a couple of weeks no problem, but never committed to a number of days. Is that 30 days mentioned somewhere when the draft is made? I can't seem to find it. Not sure it spells out that downpayment is refundable before signing either.
Kind of getting nervous! Not feeling great, but honestly I never feel great about any purchase initially :)
No it’s not official anywhere, just from what I’ve read from others. When I told QA I for sure wasn’t signing until at least 9/11 she said no problem, and if I needed more time that was fine as well. However the down payment is fully refundable in either scenario. If you don’t sign it’s automatic (in docs). If you sign but rescind within 10 days also refundable (in docs). 30 days to sign is variable but many have reported 30 days

I’d be more nervous about missing out on this promo. FOMO will be very real starting Tuesday

Last edited:
No it’s not official anywhere, just from what I’ve read from others. When I told QA I for sure wasn’t signing until at least 9/11 she said no problem, and if I needed more time that was fine as well. However the down payment is fully refundable in either scenario. If you don’t sign it’s automatic (in docs). If you sign but rescind within 10 days also refundable (in docs). 30 days to sign is variable but many have reported 30 days

I’d be more nervous about missing out on this promo. FOMO will be very real starting Tuesday

Just be honest with your guide. It takes a few hours to get everything setup. My guide (who i drove batsh*t crazy) knew we werent signing until the 12th at minumum. We got the docusign emails, and I went thru them but didnt sign.
They loaded the contract and points into the site by the end of the day. (Even without signing yet!). We did pay a deposit.

He did tell me that Disney is asking for all contracts to be signed by the 21st or so, they want it closed by Month End (which is quarter end, and really Year end for Disney corp). Im sure it also helps the guides commission. we'll know before the 21st if we are moving forward with our contract(s).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter