questions about how to take "leaping" pictures

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
hi, I have a canon s1 is which I love, I'm just wondering how I can get better dance pictures. DD does irish dance and they have fantastic leaps. usually it's not the best light (ie) the the feis is in a gym, not really great lighting, trying to avoid the camera police so can't really use the flash...) does anyone have any suggestions? I usually set it on the sports mode, 400 speed and continuous shoot and sometimes get great shots, but usually not. Any suggestions? thanks, maggie

Your only hope is to put the camera on aperture priority mode (if it has it), set the aperture wide open, and jack up the sensitivity to ISO 400. The only other thing I can recommend is get as close as possible, point-n-shoot zoom lens are variable aperture.... means the lens gets "darker" the more it's zoomed out.

having hot a lot of dance pictures I'll add this,,it helps to know the dance and anticipate the leaps..

Set to ISO 1600, use f/2.8 lens. You'll be rockin' Of course, you will also need to know how to anticipate the moves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter