Questions about the store "Its a Wrap"

AspiringCindy

<font color=FF66FF>Craved Spam.....the unidentifie
Is it worth a side trip when we go to Universal Studios to go to Its a Wrap?
Are the prices outragious?

AspiringCindy said:

Is this the store where they retire soap opera and movie clothing....?
If so, I have heard of it but never gone. I don't even know where it is. I think the sizes would be rather on the small size and though I am not huge I am also not a size 0 - 6 like most of the actresses....

That's the store!! :thumbsup2
I still can fit in a size 4...and 1 of my teenage DDs is a size 1 & the other is a size 0! Maybe I can find something that Hilary Duff wore for them!
I believe the store is located on W. Magnolia Blvd. in Burbank! I just wonder what the prices would be like! :confused3

I've been to It's A Wrap quite a few times. It really depends on the item as to the price. If the garment has a "name" actor tag on it, of course it is more, say in the $100 range or higher depending on the item (blouse, pant, shirt, PJ's, silk, satin, leather, etc.) or actor. A Sarah Jessica Parker would be worth more than say, someone from The Parkers.

The last time I went, they had lovely gowns in the over $500 range. If it has a tag just of a show "Passions" then it is much less, in the under $40 range depending again on the item and original cost.

I was surprised by the amount of shoes and scarves and such. It's a lot of fun to just hunt and see what you can find. They tend to have a lot of what I would call "chorus" outfits. Meaning, if a particular scene requires extras to look like they are hookers, gansters, or swimmers, then you'll get a whole rack of clothes in the same style or type.

As a side note, be sure to look inside each item of clothing carefully. Sometimes something is missed and you can find a hat with an assignment tag of G. Clooney in it. Of course this is just an example and I didn't find THAT name, but years ago I did buy an outfit with the nametag of R. O'Donnell.

And they do have various sizes, as most extras are various sizes.

I am a serious shopaholic and I have the bills to prove it!!

The thing to keep in mind with this store is that it rotates stock quickly. It's like a treasure trove each time I visit. Sometimes, feh, nothing. Sometimes, I get so excited I can't stand it and then I call my shopaholic friend and chat to her about my finds.

I wish for you a treasure trove and none of this feh business.

AspiringCindy said:

I live just a few blocks from It's A Wrap and their prices have definitely escalated over the years!

One thing, too, to be careful of is to try everything on because the studios often alter the garments so a size 6 may not be a true size 6.

Rena75 said:
I live just a few blocks from It's A Wrap and their prices have definitely escalated over the years!

One thing, too, to be careful of is to try everything on because the studios often alter the garments so a size 6 may not be a true size 6.

Great Tip!! Thank You!!

AspiringCindy said:
Is it worth a side trip when we go to Universal Studios to go to Its a Wrap? . . .

I went to Universal Studios last Friday. Since you are going, check out the "Silver Screen" store (#35 on the park map). They sell clothing from the NBC Wardrobe Department. Shows like "Will & Grace." I thought the prices were very reasonable. Many designer labels, and clothing is marked with the names of actors/actresses/shows.

Woody

woody73 said:
I went to Universal Studios last Friday. Since you are going, check out the "Silver Screen" store (#35 on the park map). They sell clothing from the NBC Wardrobe Department. Shows like "Will & Grace." I thought the prices were very reasonable. Many designer labels, and clothing is marked with the names of actors/actresses/shows.

Woody
WOW!!! thanks!!

AspiringCindy said:
WOW!!! thanks!!

They had everything from jeans to wedding dresses. It was just incredible! Some items even had the original price tags attached. But the sizes are hit or miss.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter