Questions FOr My Upcoming Trip??

mikamouse

Disney & Harleys Rule!!!
well....I just got out of the hospital....and I am due in Disney in 19 days.....problem #1 is I cannot walk! I do have a disabilty and CAN walk most of my trips.....I have used EVC's etc....but this time...I cannot even walk in my house...so It is cancel trip or rent from Walker...but I have a problem with the buses and loding on them with the EVC's...I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a car or "other" transportion modes to parks?? I am staying at the BC....and that whole area is not a porblem....but I want to get to the AK and MK on Early mornings.....we all know how to get up the hill at the AK...got to get there early!!
My trip is 8 days...so the first 2 I think I will just rent at the parks when needed and then make my move to the BC...and have Walker deliver....anyone have any suggestions as to what to do???
thanks for your help!! also...I did have a GAP for my last trip and was told I just go get a new one....I am comfussed as to why you need one if you are in a wheelchair to begin with??
thanks

<font color=333366><marquee>HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!!</marquee></font>
glittermick.gif

<font size=1 color=333366>
78,90,91,92 WDW
5/98 BWV
12/98 BC
12/99 WL
8/00 WL
8/00 YC Concierge
9/00 BWI Concierge&Villas
9/00 Poly Concierge
1/01 Swan Ex Suite
5/01 BWI Concierge&BC Concierge</font>
www.angelfire.com/ma3/mickeypics
www.angelfire.com/weird/disney

Mikamouse,
I have never had a problem with loading on a bus at Disney with an ECV. Well once with a jerk driver but it wasn't the bus' fault.
Taking them apart and putting in the car is a PIA unless you have a lift or a reaqlly stong person to do the lifting. Been there, done that and will never do it again.

Pooh Bear

Welcome, Mikamouse. Good luck for your trip.
I didn't quite understand; are you going to be somewhere else beside the BC for the first 2 days?
If you can't walk right now, are you going to be able to get to the park to rent an ecv? Will you be able to manage with a wheelchair in case they are out of ecvs when you get to the park?
For the GAC (what used to be the GAP is now called a Guest Assistance Card), you don't need one to be able to bring your wheelchair/ecv in line with you. If you have other needs that make waiting in the regular line a problem, then you will need to get one. I'm sure teri will be along soon. She has a link to FAQ about GACs that should help if you have more questions.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Reserve a wheel chair at WDW resorts and they are FREE to use at the resort and in the Parks!!!![they put a place card w/ your name on it in a holder on the back of the wheel chair,so you don't lose it.]

What about using the wheel chair to get on the bus
and then the Evc at the parks??

I didn't know about the GAC. BUT at most rides I either stayed in the chair till we got to the ride where I could walk to transfer to the ride.

Where that wasn't possibly we were allowed to enter the exit to get to the ride. this worked at all WDW parks and at Universal and IOA!!

tink.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter