Questions in buying resale

Julie1374

Earning My Ears
Hello,

so after taking yearly vacations to WDW we thought we might take the plunge and buy DVC.
I love the Poly and just came back from a trip renting points.

I am thinking resale....we did go for the presentation through Disney on our last trip.
If I do not buy Poly as home resort is it unlikely to be able to book there at a higher volume time. I work in a school so my travel dates are more limited.

and any tips on buying resale are appreciated. I have been reading up but my mind is spinning.

thanks!!

If I do not buy Poly as home resort is it unlikely to be able to book there at a higher volume time.
DVC's highest demand season is from roughly Labor Day through early January. Travel at any time in this period, it is best to buy where you want to stay. Don't expect an easy switch at 7 months, especially to studios that sleep 5.

Make sure you choose a UY that allows for the most flexibility in terms of what would happen if you had to change or cancel a trip.

Since you must bank points within the first 8 months of your UY, you want to try to have one that has you traveling during those 8 months so that if you have To cancel or change, you have time to either bank points or rebook,

Also, the prices via resale are asking prices and people do negotiate. So, if you find a contract you like and it’s higher than what you have seen others post, feel free to make an offer. Some sellers will take less. I solve BWV in October, and accepted a lower than asking price for my contract,

I agree, If Poly is your first choice of resort, go with that’s. DVC is expensive and nothing worse than saving a little upfront to only become frustrated later,

If you can book at 11 months or even just before 7 months during slower DVC times (like summer) then you should have no problem at PVB.

We just went through the process for the first time. My tip is to stay patient...it’s not a quick process. It’s delayed gratification, and the anticipation makes it fun. And definitely buy at the resort that you would most want to stay on a consistent basis. The biggest questions I had were in regards to the timeline. I read threads on here regarding timelines when we were at the beginning of the process, but it hit home more when we were actually going through it. The threads on here were pretty accurate though.

Have fun and enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter