Questions on Days Inn Suites in Kissimmee

berrigal

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first trip to Disney World at the end of August and I had made reservations for the Days Suites @ 5820 W. Irlo Bronson Highway. When I read on mousavers.com to stay away from all Days Inns in the Orlando area, it made me scared to keep my reservation. Has anyone out there stayed at this place or know why mousesavers.com would make such a bold statement? We got a good rate at this place and thought it would be nice to stay in a place that had a mini kitchen in it. Does anyone know a good place to stay that has a mini-kitchen or a fridgerator in it that has a good room rate and has nice clean, safe rooms, close to Disney? Also, I was told that the Kissimmee area is a great place for someone to stay who is trying to stick to a smaller budget. What are the differences between the Kissimme area to the Lake Buena Vist area? Any help on this would be much appreciated. :D

Thanks so much!

has stayed at the Days Inn Maingate East location in the suites that you mentioned. The link is www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49804

It seems that there were not any horribly objectionable or abominable qualities at all to their room/mini kitchenette and they mentioned the overall accomodations were fine also. I recall other positive reviews about this Days Suites condition and others on many sites in the past too; one of them being www.mouseplanet.com

Also, having driven by that particular Days Suites many times in the past and staying near the Days Inn Maingate West last summer which was neighboring the hotel I booked, the outside has looked well-maintained and very clean.

So, it is a mystery to me since I have read pleasant reviews about guests stay/individual rooms at those and had a chance to at least somewhat view these hotels from the street, that there would be a definite boldly posted warning to stay away from all Days Inn in Orlando on that site too. Go figure?

I think one of the main differences between the Kissimmee/Lake Buena Vista is that WDW is located within the confines of what actually constitutes Lake Buena Vista...ie ground zero and Kissimmee is an intensely close bordering entity.

Another thing I believe is that generally in Kissimmee, you will be able to find a lot more economical and greater variety of accomodation selections along with many kinds of restaurants/grocery stores/shops/etc. in more of a wider range of prices for all tourists.

But, as far as location goes, the Kissimmee area (U.S.192 and immediately surrounding) where most of the advertised hotels, rental homes, villas, condos, suites, and resorts that cater to vacationers happen to be situated are literally right next door as far as proximity to WDW and are just a 5-10 min. distance from the parks.

We have stayed in this area for some time now and always find it to be very convenient in getting around and extremely nice also. Hope this helps; have a great vacation.

:bounce: :bounce:

Deena,

Thank you for all of the great info! I went to both of your links and read the nice things that people were saying about the hotel. It has put my mind at ease a little bit. We were looking for a clean place to stay (not worring about frills) with a good location and it looks like this will do. If there is anyone else out there who can give me more information on this place, that would be wonderful. I will make sure to post a note on how or trip went when we get back to help out anyone I can.

It is so wonderful that I found this discussion board. I have found a ton of good information for my trip and everyone is so ready to help each other out. Thank you everyone!

berrigal!

:wave: :wave:

You will have to rent your kitchen utensils from the Days Suites. If you don't plan on doing any fancy cooking and you want to save money, you can probably do what we did. We brought disposable plates, bowls and eating utensils. We bought mugs for souveniers and used them in the room. Most foods can be heated in the microwave (there is no regular oven). I think you have to rent a coffee pot and toaster so instead use the microwave for heating water for coffee and stick to muffins instead of toast.
Old town is right next door. Fun to visit but not fun if your room backs up to it (noisey).

Thanks Bonnie!

Anyone else have any information? How safe are the rooms?

Thanks!

berrigal

:D

Well I have to tell you...
We had two key cards to the room. The first day my husbands card worked (I didn't try mine right away). We found out mine didn't work when he left his in the room. They fixed mine and apparently changed the key code so his didn't work anymore. I think at one time neither worked. So I wouldn't worry about room security cause even you may not be able to get into your room!
It was annoying and time consuming- it seems like you have to wait in a line everytime you go to the front desk. But it didn't ruin our vacation.

This hotel has consistently gotten poor reviews on this message board. Use the search function and type in Days Inn to see the numerous threads by unhappy travelers.

OrlandoInfo

I was just browsing around the priceline bidding board forum this morning to read up on some information and happened to see another positive review about the Days Inn Suites that you asked about from someone who returned not too long ago on there.

Also, when researching for a trip to CA I am taking next month I saw several pleasant reviews for the Days Inn on Sandlake on hotel.onetravel.com (this hotel pops up with others when you type in Orlando in the box on the front page/then listed with it is a small review link that can be clicked on). I recall someone also mentioning that they found this specifc location being nice also on this board a while back.

Thank you everyone!

You have been so helpful!

I am looking forward to my trip like you can't believe!

I'll let you know how it goes!

:D :cool: ;) :)

I have stayed there three or four times and have been satisfied each time. It isn't fancy, but it is clean and the suites are roomy. The murphy bed is soooo comfy. There are two tv's, the refrig is full size, and the coffee maker was included. The second vanity in the bedroom made such a difference while getting ready in the morning. There is a Bennigan's across the street, and the Ponderosa just a little ways down has an amazing $3.99 breakfast buffet. The food in the Days Cafeteria was not very good and quite expensive. It has several pools, 4 I think, and a laundry room. I felt safe all the time. A good value for the money.

Can you tell me what your stay was like at the Days Suites Maingate East? I see you were there in August 2001. We have reservations there the week of Sept. 8th-14th and any comments would be welcomed. Thanks!

Have stayed there two different times and both times were not too good.They do not tell you that you are staying in a suite but have too rent {extra}all dishes,pans,etc. Like staying in a very old hotel. Outside looks much better than inside,but with exception of having to rent dishes not too bad for very cheap hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter