questions on discovery cove tickets

goofym

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how to get discount tickets to discovery cove? We would like to do the dolphin swim also.. Also is the water warm in February? Any feedback would be great!!:)

If you go to their website (www.discoverycove.com), you can sign up for their email list. Then "like" their Facebook page (there's a link to that next to to the email sign up on their website). This will help you get information on promos and sales that they run from time to time. That's how we got our great rate of $199 for New Years Day.

The water is heated in February, so you should be fine. When we were there January 1st, the lazy river water was like a bath tub! :thumbsup2 Just bear in mind that the water where the dolphin swims are held is much cooler than the other pools (I believe the trainer told us it was kept at 77 degrees) as dolphins do not like it much warmer. In fact, she said they didn't even "like" it that warm, but to keep it cooler would mean us people wouldn't want to join in on the swim.

Discovery Cove is fabulous......you will love it there.

if you live near and regularly visit another "Bush" park
(they're not Busch anymore tho huh?) - a SeaWorld or Busch Gardens, then look into getting one Platinum Pass.

When we've gone - already being a season pass holder for one park - upgrading one of those passes to Plat' allowed us to then buy DC tickets at a savings that pretty much made it a break even event - and we gained the extra benefits of the Plat' like free parking etc

The water is heated in February, so you should be fine. When we were there January 1st, the lazy river water was like a bath tub! :thumbsup2 Just bear in mind that the water where the dolphin swims are held is much cooler than the other pools (I believe the trainer told us it was kept at 77 degrees) as dolphins do not like it much warmer. In fact, she said they didn't even "like" it that warm, but to keep it cooler would mean us people wouldn't want to join in on the swim.

It's gotta be less than 77 degs. Their website says other areas are heated to 80. Maybe it's 67. Much colder than that and guests would get hypothermic too fast.
At 55 degs, IIRC, an adult will start showing symptoms of hypothermia in less than 10 min. The wetsuit would help a little, but still... They've gotta account for the kiddos, who will drop their core temps a lot faster......
I'm sure the trainers are continually observing guests for signs of hypothermia -- too much risk to someone for DC to let someone continue the "experience", unless they want their experience to include a near death one, too. <<<<(in the best case scenario):faint:

It's gotta be less than 77 degs. Their website says other areas are heated to 80. Maybe it's 67. Much colder than that and guests would get hypothermic too fast.
At 55 degs, IIRC, an adult will start showing symptoms of hypothermia in less than 10 min. The wetsuit would help a little, but still... They've gotta account for the kiddos, who will drop their core temps a lot faster......
I'm sure the trainers are continually observing guests for signs of hypothermia -- too much risk to someone for DC to let someone continue the "experience", unless they want their experience to include a near death one, too. <<<<(in the best case scenario):faint:

Well, this info is listed under the FAQ's on DC's site:

What is the temperature of the water in the pools?
The temperature of our pools remains constant throughout the year. The fresh water Serenity Bay and Wind-Away River are maintained around 86 F (30 C). The salt water Dolphin Lagoon and Tropical Reef are 77 F (25 C). [back to top]

So I wasn't mistaken....the trainers did say 77 degrees.

We honestly didn't find the dolphin pool that uncomfortable.....definitely considerably less warm than the lazy river, but still okay. That said, we're Canadian, eh! :rotfl2: If we waited for "warm" water to swim in, we'd be stuck in our bathtubs for 10 months of the year. :lmao:

We did this in late October and the water in the dolphin and ray areas was much cooler than the rest of the areas. It wasn't uncomfortably cold, but it was nice to go get into the warmer water areas and soak for a bit in between activities.

Hmmm, I wonder where I saw the 80 deg info? :confused3
Well, now my OCD is gonna make me go searching til I figure out who has 80 deg water temps... 'cause I know I saw it someplace just today... I'll be back! :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter