• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions, please

greenkai3000

DIS Veteran
We’ve been to DLP for both the 20th and 25th anniversary celebrations. We’d love to go back this year for the 30th as well.

With the DL Hotel , our favorite resort, being closed for awhile, would anyone recommend we plan on staying at Newport instead of the NY hotel? I know one is nicer and/or closer to the parks than the other.

Also with COVID still around, do hotels no longer offer breakfast buffet packages with room stays? How about early entry? We are just not too familiar with current protocols both in Paris or at the parks. We are however vaccinated and boostered up. This leads me to the next question… How do refunds work on prepaid packages if the park or country shut down unexpectedly again?

The only thing I can confirm is that the breakfast buffets are no longer included by default in hotel packages - this is not a Covid thing, but rather it stopped some time back in 2019. The breakfasts are still available but you either need purchase it individually on the day, or have a half-board package which includes it. We also usually stay at the DLH but for our trip a few months back we chose to stay off-site, so my information is only based on what others have said, not personal experience.

Between HNY and NPB, personally I'd go for New York - but that's mainly because it's a shorter walk back from the park at the end of the day!

I would go cheapest :P I only spent money on a hotelroom when I know I will spend plenty of time in the room.
For current protocols and tips, besides the website of course for the latest guidelines, below are a few reports of Americans who have just been to DLP or are in the process of preparing.

If I remember correctly, with the first two closures DLP had sent a message whether you should contact them and in which situation.
Most likely you will contact them, ask for a refund and they will refund you the money. Might take a while.

In Steve_ Rob post 2 Just in Case you did not know

Half Board means Dinner + Bed + Breakfast

( Sometimes on a 2 night say it is ONE Dinner ...... But check )

This is normal in Europe & It saves you trying to find a place to eat

There is still early entry and they have updated the meal plans I believe to include a meal on the last day. DLP has had the Zen guarantee where you can cancel up to 7 days before for a full refund.

Given you usually stay at the DLH I would say the Hotel New York is your best bet, probably at club level so you have breakfast included, or standard and get the meal plan. Rooms are bigger, hotel itself is smaller (NPB biggest hotel in Europe btw!!) and is fully refurbished. Interested to hear what you end up doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter