Questions, Questions, Questions!

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
We just upgraded from the 5-night on the Magic to the 7-night on the Fantasy and now I have lots of questions!

Our PIF date and check-in date were different dates on the 5-night, but now they are the same date for the 7-night. Why is that?

What is the weather like in the Western Caribbean in November? Hurricanes?

Has anyone used Cortrans Shuttle Service from MCO to PC?

:thanks:

We just upgraded from the 5-night on the Magic to the 7-night on the Fantasy and now I have lots of questions!

Our PIF date and check-in date were different dates on the 5-night, but now they are the same date for the 7-night. Why is that?

What is the weather like in the Western Caribbean in November? Hurricanes?

:thanks:
Paid in Full dates and online check in dates are often not the same date. But, on occasion they can be.

Online check in dates vary, dependent on your Castaway Club level. Paid in Full dates vary, depending on embarkation port, length of cruise, itinerary of cruise.

Paid in Full dates and online check in dates are often not the same date. But, on occasion they can be.

Online check in dates vary, dependent on your Castaway Club level. Paid in Full dates vary, depending on embarkation port, length of cruise, itinerary of cruise.

Oh!!! That explains it! Thank you!

Is 90 days normal? I don't remember being able to check in that early for our last cruise.

And, if your PIF date is later than your online check-in date, you must be PIF to book excursions, dining, etc.
You are able to check-in and get a PAT if not fully paid, but no other bookings for activities.

Enjoy your cruise!

And, if your PIF date is later than your online check-in date, you must be PIF to book excursions, dining, etc.
You are able to check-in and get a PAT if not fully paid, but no other bookings for activities.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! I can't wait to start booking the fun stuff!!!

Technically hurricane season ends the beginning of November. But weather doesn't really follow a calendar. :)

Actually, hurricane season ends on November 30th, but November is usually pretty quiet.

One more question. Now that we are going on the 7-night, I think there is a "formal" night, that we didn't experience on our 4-night. What is that? What is considered formal? Where is it located? Other than the attire, what are the other differences? Okay, so that was a lot of questions, but who's counting?
:rolleyes1

What? You switched from a 4 night to a 7 night? WHY DID YOU DO THAT????

LOL. Just kidding.

To answer your question(s), the "formal" night is usually the second day, it is held in whatever restaurant is your normal rotation for that night. As with all things DCL, the formal night is optional, so you will see some people dressed the same as they are any other night. But if you wish to embrace it, as we did, you can wear any level of formal wear you wish.

They also have extra photography sessions. I remember one in the main atrium on the staircase. My wife took her shoe off and did a Cinderella "oops" pose, while I reached down to pick it up. There are other locations off to the side too, and of course the photographers will come to your table that night. So if you want to dress up, you can get a lot of "mileage" out of it.

Oh, and a lot of the characters will be dressed in their formal wear too. Minnie in a ball gown, Mickey in a tux, etc. So that is fun too.

Have fun!

What? You switched from a 4 night to a 7 night? WHY DID YOU DO THAT????

LOL. Just kidding.

To answer your question(s), the "formal" night is usually the second day, it is held in whatever restaurant is your normal rotation for that night. As with all things DCL, the formal night is optional, so you will see some people dressed the same as they are any other night. But if you wish to embrace it, as we did, you can wear any level of formal wear you wish.

They also have extra photography sessions. I remember one in the main atrium on the staircase. My wife took her shoe off and did a Cinderella "oops" pose, while I reached down to pick it up. There are other locations off to the side too, and of course the photographers will come to your table that night. So if you want to dress up, you can get a lot of "mileage" out of it.

Oh, and a lot of the characters will be dressed in their formal wear too. Minnie in a ball gown, Mickey in a tux, etc. So that is fun too.

Have fun!

That sounds fun. So, how formal is formal? Women wearing nice dresses and guys can be in button-up shirt and slacks?

Used them with our party of 12 last October from MCO to Port Canaveral (4 kids and 8 adults). We had the bus all to ourselves since we were a large party. Great service. Prompt departure from MCO (maybe because we had the bus to ourselves, got to PC by 11 - right as they were opening). Prompt pickup from Port Canaveral (they asked us to call them once we were off the ship - only took them 15 mins to get to us). Since we booked round trip, we also had the option to pay either at drop off or pickup. I also believe we had a discount of 5 bucks per person since we were a large party.

Only thing is that since they are a private transport company, they can only drop you off after 11 AM so they won't leave PC earlier than 10 AM. They will tell you that upon booking.

That sounds fun. So, how formal is formal? Women wearing nice dresses and guys can be in button-up shirt and slacks?
That will be fine. A lot of people will be dressed like that. You will see a complete range. A few people in VERY formal attire, suits and evening gowns, and at the other end, some people in complete cruise casual, and everywhere in between. Personally, I'd wear a tie on formal night, but it is by no means required. If your DH doesn't like ties, don't sweat it. Nothing is REQUIRED.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter