Quick Airalo Question Please!

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
We fly out tomorrow, do I activate it today at home?
I’ve bought the card and downloaded the App so far!

Bumping up please :)
Haven’t purchased my eSIM from Airalo yet, so I don’t feel I can give you a definite answer—but Airalo does have a short video on You Tube with information about this exact topic, giving step-by-step instructions on how to check for the information you want.

You can purchase whenever you want to. The esim doesn't officially "start" until you install it. I usually do it during a layover since we don't tend to be lucky enough to get direct flights out of Edmonton to Orlando.

I install it ahead of time but I go back into my settings and disable it until we get to our destination.

I install it ahead of time but I go back into my settings and disable it until we get to our destination.
You can switch between the esim and your regular sim, but from my understanding, I think the "clock" starts as soon as you install it. If you're doing this just before you leave, probably no big deal but just something to keep in mind!

I usually just install it right away as I typically buy it very shortly before the trip. It's a good idea to install while you are in a place with good wifi/internet b/c the app is essentially useless without wifi :(

With the US cards it does not actually "activate" until you are in the US, so the clock doesn't start ticking till then.

I just turn on when I arrive in the US and set to Primary for Data & turn off data switching. (Not that I need to worry as I’m in prepaid)

I leave Voice as my Public Mobile SIM so I can so receive text messages & iMessage still works with my phone number. (Once again, I’m prepaid, so I don’t get dinged anything / if I need Voice, I add a US Voice plan thru PM for $8)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter