• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick April trip booked. Please opine on dining plans…

zdad59

They call me "ThePrince of Planning"
Thanks in advance for your help and opinions. I love Disboards posters and the opinions and guidance you provide.

We just booked a quick trip for mid April (19-24). Staying at Pop Century. That should be interesting as our last two trips were at Beach Club and WL. We’re going low key this trip. Nothing fancy. It’s parks and shows and maybe some decent eats along the way. To that end we’ve decided on a light breakfast each day (some fruit or cereal). Then a sit down “linner” as our big meal. Finally a good snack in the evening (which is code for a Mickey Bar).

April 19 - We get in mid evening. Plan to pick up a quick meal at the Pop cafeteria.

April 20 - An Mk day. Late Lunch at Jungle Nav Co Ltd. Canteen.

April 21 - DHS day. Linner will be at Beaches & Cream. We’ll Skyliner over. Will decide then if we hop over to EPCOT for the evening or back to DHS.

April 22 - EPCOT Day. Late lunch at San Angel Inn. Considered Teppan Edo or LeCreperie.

April 23 - AK day. No plans this day. Gonna play it by ear. Maybe grab a quick service burger somewhere. Only AK place that had a reservation available was Rainforest Cafe and the menu didn’t appeal to us.

April 24 - Go home day. Noon flight out. Just light breakfast at Pop.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Any big mistakes in the choices ???
Thanks all !!

The only suggestion I have are...

1. I'd eat at the Flower & Garden food booths on my EP day instead of a restaurant.

2. If you haven't tried Nomad Lounge in AK, I recommend it. Get in line before it opens at 11am (we usually get in line around 10:30/10:45am). NL is a great place to grab a bit, a yummy cocktail or mocktail and relax on the sofas outside. We usually wind up spending around two hours there. You could also join the waitlist later in the day if you want to eat later.

On your DHS day - if you want to ride the Skyliner to experience it, I get it and agree, but it’s not a quick way to get from DHS to Epcot. Sounds crazy, but you get on at DHS, then go to Riveria, and have to transfer, then go to Epcot. It’s an experience.

If you want the most direct way, I’d walk or take the boat.

Sounds like a fun trip!

1. Not sure Beaches is worth it unless it's a nostalgic spot for your family. Sebastian's would be a better choice, easy reservation to get and very short trip from DHS on skyliner.

2. Satuli would be a good choice for AK lunch if you can't get in at a table service.

We are big fans of Lupper in our family (we are southern so it's supper, dinner is lunch, thus lunch/supper). We almost always do that while at WDW.

I agree with snacking around the booths at Epcot, if two of you are sharing you can try more booths.

I agree with Nomad Lounge for AK day. I usually just get on the virtual wait list at some point while I'm walking around the park. Try the lobster mac & cheese.

I'm not a fan of B&C, I think it's a little over hyped so if I want ice cream and a sandwich I go to the Dolphin Fountain Restaurant. No ADRs needed and the food might be better. They don't have as big a selection of ice cream dishes and don't do the whole hoopla thing but you can get a milk shake with adult beverages in it at the to go counter, which is an added bonus. I can't pass by HBD Lounge at HS without stopping and getting something there. They have a pretty decent menu, you sit outside and the people watching is pretty good. You can either walk up and try to get in right then or walk up and get in the virtual wait list or get in the virtual wait list on MDE from anywhere in the park.

Thanks all. Some great insights.

We were there during Food & Wine last time and loved doing the food kiosks. They do a similar thing at the Flower Festival ??

Will reconsider B&C based on comments. If we stick with it, the boat ride is a good suggestion. We used that to go to DHS when we stayed at Beach Club.

Try for Nomad Lounge at AK. If there's no space, head over to Satuli Canteen. Both are so much better than any burger at AK. If you want to explore on your arrival night outside of the POP food court, skyliner over to Riviera and grab a QS meal at primo piatto. It's so much fun just to hop on and enjoy a "ride" to do the same thing you'd do at Pop. We rarely eat any sit down meals at Epcot when the festivals are going on but San Angel Inn is a great option.

We were there during Food & Wine last time and loved doing the food kiosks. They do a similar thing at the Flower Festival ??
Yes, I don't think there are as many booths but its only a few less. The food is a little more geared toward spring fresh type thing. Do a google search, lots of menus posted and lots of Utube reviews.

Thanks all. Some great insights.

Will reconsider B&C based on comments. If we stick with it, the boat ride is a good suggestion. We used that to go to DHS when we stayed at Beach Club.

All the Epcot festivals have food booths. Flower & Garden has fewer than Food & Wine but better quality and more interesting menus imo.

Joining the chorus against B&C, it's mediocre and the Fountain over at the Dolphin does that kind of diner type sandwich food better and cheaper.

San Angel is a tradition for us. Ask for a table by the water if you go. Teppan Edo is like your local Japanese hibachi. Not worth the money or time in Epcot.

Agree with Nomad at AK. If you want nice sit-down, Tiffins is one of the best in WDW.

Thanks all. Great insights. We made one change. We cancel B&C and replaced it with a Linner at Le Creperie on France Pavillion.

Still gonna freewheel the AK day. We will note the suggestions provided here and just what we feel like doing that day.

Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter