Quick Fantasy Update

PraisingHim

Building Incredible Memories
My family and I (DH,DD8, DD4, and DS3) just got off the Fantasy and we had a magical time. Here's a quick update on our experience:

Embarkation: Port Arrival time-10:45
Embarkation #6 :O)
I filled out 1 health questionnaire form for our entire family while we waited in line to check in. We had our picture taken, given our key to the world cards, took a picture with Pluto, and before we knew it our number was called to board the ship. Everything went smoothly. The process was organized and cast members were professional and efficient. The terminal was VERY crowded. No complaints.

Luggage: Our luggage was delivered to our room by 2ish! Awesome! No complaints.

Stateroom 7014: Very spacious. Great storage for all of our toiletries and other nick knacks. We had plenty of room to store ALL of our luggage. We had a great size port hole and our kids loved to sit by it to read a book or just look out at the ocean. It was always a nice treat to wake up every morning and pull the curtains open to the beautiful ocean. The laundry room ($2 to wash, $2 to dry, and $1 for detergent) was located right across from us and we NEVER heard any noise (as stated in previous reviews on stateroom 7014). It was always pretty quiet. People for the most part were courteous. Be prepared to walk to MDRs...

Pools: Mickey pool was wonderful (for our family) because it was about 2/3 ft deep and this was perfect for our three children. My DH and I were able to sit by the pool and watch our kids safely splash and play in the pool (plenty of life vest). The pool is VERY crowded (and yucky but the pool is filled with children...) and we had to really team up to keep a close eye on our kids. The lifeguards are EXCELLENT. EXCELLENT. They are very serious about keeping all kids safe and several times I watched them clear the pool (sanitary reasons) or reminded a child that rough play or running was not allowed. They were very focused on their job. One time I had a question and the lifeguard never turned around to look at me. He kept his eyes on the pool during our (brief) dialogue. Nemo's Reef-fun for my DS3. Aqua Duck-Fun for the girls. Hubby and I rode it on our first night (we had to make sure it was safe for the kids:love2:). Aqua Lab- Meh... Plenty of warm, clean towels. Hard to find pool chairs, but found one or two most of the time. No big deal.

Food: This was the only negative for me during our 7 days on the Fantasy. The food (IMO) at Cabanas and MDR was no different than your typical cafeteria food. It was just OK. Nothing special or memorable. Head Server went above and beyond to make me happy. He even had the chef prepare me a spicy dish. He was really great. The craftsmanship and decor at all three MDR's is very nice. We had brunch at Remy and the food was SPECTACULAR. After that experience, I did not want to go to any of the MDR's for dinner, lol. I highly recommend Remy. It was a wonderful experience.

Kids Club: My children went to the kids club for a couple of hours each day of our stay on the Fantasy. The cast members were EXCELLENT. I appreciate how they work hard to keep the children safe and content. I also liked how they had a cast member at each of the restrooms. I stopped by one day to check on my son (he was complaining of stomach pain earlier that morning) and asked if I could use one of the restrooms with him. They allowed me to use a family restroom and it had wipes and a potty seat. I thought that was great. All of the restrooms in the kids club are designed for young children. I especially appreciated how they had the children wash their hands before entering the kids area. Kids also have to scan their magic bands upon arrival (system checks them in). Every time I came to pick up my children, I had to scan my key to the world card. My picture or DH, always popped up as an authorized pick up person. The cast member would then tell me were in the club my child was (magic bands have GPS). Sometimes I was asked to wash my hands (depends on the cast member I guess). Once I found my happy and tired children, they would have to each scan their bracelet and then I was asked the "secret" pass code. One day I went in to pick up my kids and they were in the D Lounge (Deck 4, I think). I got a little nervous because they were not where I had left them (Kids club, Deck 5). When I got downstairs to Deck 4, they were in the middle of a game. I was not allowed to wait in the room and was asked to wait behind the doors. When I was allowed inside, I had to go through the same aforementioned steps. I asked my daughter about their commute downstairs and she respond, "Mama we went through a secret passage to get here!" Cool! It was optional for the kids to participate in the activity on deck 4. I was very pleased with the kids club and never felt like my kids were unsafe. If they wanted to be picked up (my son had them page me a lot, lol), I received a text message on my wave phone. The cast members are awesome! My only concern is that on future cruises my DD8 and DD4 may become bored or too mature for the Oceaneers Club. I don't feel like there's enough to keep a 9 year old let a lone a 12 year old entertained. Andy's room and Monster's Academy is really a waste of space. The only thing I liked about the two rooms, is that you can spy on your child(ren) (if they happen to be in any of the two rooms) from the outside without them seeing you. I don't see how a 12 year old will enjoy climbing on a dinosaur, crawling through slinky dog, or playing with large blocks. There are a plethora of computers with games, but again in my opinion ,I think there should be a separate program for 9-12 year olds. They have preschool and middle school separate for a reason. They had a lot of structured activities (parachute game, gaga ball, Toy Story boot camp, Pajama time with Pluto, story time with Princess Tiana, and more) and my kids had an amazing time but they are 8, 4, and 3. However, this will not be the case when they are 9, 10, 11, or 12.

Entertainment: I always enjoy the shows and thankful that I do not have to worry about the content with three small kids. We had a great time watching Aladdin and Believe. No complaints here.

Tickets: Princess meet and greet, Disney Character breakfast, mixology class, and reservations for Remy- no problems. A breeze.

Theater: We watched Zootopia in 3D and The Good Dinosaur. Happy kids=happy parents.

Cleanliness of the Ship: Superb! Hand sanitizes EVERYWHERE esp. before entering MDR and gang ways. Restrooms are very pretty and always clean. My DH caught a head cold and I blame him. I mean they practically spray you down with Lysol on the ship.

Ports of Call: Tortola (MEH...No thanks), St. Thomas (Coki Beach-beautiful, $90 round trip on taxi for the five of us, $5 beach chairs, $10 umbrella) and the fabulous Castaway Cay-never disappoints. My DH and I did the 5K...HOT HOT but love our medal. Lunch was actually good here.

Debarkation: DCL is very organized and professional and tries their best to make your departure stress free. Everything went smoothly. No complaints.

Overall, an excellent vacation with the family. Disney never disappoints. We booked while on board for July 2017!!

Last edited:
This was very helpful and I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise! What did you do on Tortola, and why didn't you like it?

This was very helpful and I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise! What did you do on Tortola, and why didn't you like it?
My DH and I did not really venture outside the port area (my kids were at the kids club so...) and there wasn't much to do unless you took a tour or a taxi. We pretty much walked around the port area, purchased a few souvenirs for our children, and headed back to the boat. I'm sure there's a lot more to do outside the port area.

At 11 they can switch to the Edge which is the tween club. My 12 yo loved it last trip!

Did you have 1st or 2nd seating as I'm curious if you ever took advantage of when the CMs for the kids' clubs come to the dining rooms at 9pm to get the kids so they arent sitting through 2nd seating longer than they have to.

Did you have 1st or 2nd seating as I'm curious if you ever took advantage of when the CMs for the kids' clubs come to the dining rooms at 9pm to get the kids so they arent sitting through 2nd seating longer than they have to.
Yes, I've read about that as well and that is a great plus to second seating. However, first seating works best for our three young children. Some nights upon our arrival to dinner, I informed our server that I would be taking the kids to the kids club and had him bring out their dinner right away. Once they were done, my DH or I would then walk them over to the kids club. This allowed us to enjoy our dinner, dessert, and a cup of coffee. A few nights my DD 4 and DS 3 fell asleep during dinner so there you have it!

A few nights my DD 4 and DS 3 fell asleep during dinner so there you have it!

This is exactly what I'm worried about having late dining but since we are close to the west coast I wanted dinner more on our current time line. Guess I will put my youngest down for a nap midday just to keep things in check

We are doing the Eastern trip in April 2017. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Did you do any other exursions? We are trying to work out what we should do but obviously cant book them yet as its too early.

We did Western Carribean cruise in 2014 and luved it. Travelling all the way from Australia to do the cruise so looking forward to completing the eastern side this time.

We are doing the Eastern trip in April 2017. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Did you do any other exursions? We are trying to work out what we should do but obviously cant book them yet as its too early.

We did Western Carribean cruise in 2014 and luved it. Travelling all the way from Australia to do the cruise so looking forward to completing the eastern side this time.
No, we did not participate in any excursions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter