Quick Feasibility Question re Fireworks

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
Okay, so I did a bad and scheduled a trip for mid-October - just two days, but I just couldn't help myself! 😁 Anyway, with just two nights, I want to see Enchantment on one night and HarmonioUS on the other - however I also want to maximize the trip and take no chances. With the timing of the shows, 8:00 PM for Enchantment and 9:45 for HarmonioUS (seems late, right?) it seems very possible to see both in one night. So, I am thinking I could hop right out of MK and hit the monorail and be at Epcot just for the show. The Epcot monorail is running now, right? Anyone think that's pretty doable -everything I know tells me it is, but it also doesn't seem like it should be. Thoughts? Strategies? Thanks!

Last edited:
Okay, so I did a bad and schediles a trip for mid-october - just two days, but I just couldn't help myself! 😁 Anyway, with just two nights, I want to see Enchantmentone night and HarmonioUS on the other - however I also want to maximize the trip and take no chances. With the timing of the shows, 8:00 PM for Enchantment and 9:45 for HarmonioUS (seems late, right?) it seems very possible to see both in one night. So, I am thinking I could hop right out of MK and hit the monorail and be at Epcot just for the show. The Epcot monorail is running now, right? Anyone think that's pretty doable -everything I know tells me it is, but it also doesn't seem like it should be. Thoughts? Strategies? Thanks!
Watching this as a friend suggested I might consider the same thing……!

Watching this as a friend suggested I might consider the same thing……!

I mean, seems very doable right? If I can knock them both out on one night, I can then relax and maybe re-watch the best one the next night!

It's hard to see two Nighttime Spectaculars in one night, but I have done it before. I went from Fantasmic! to Illuminations - well, I literally RAN down the path connecting HS and EP, but I made it! 😁

Do not take the monorail(s.)
Take the bus to Beach Club.
Or, walk to Contemporary and Lyft to Beach Club area.

Ahh, good call. I knew I could count on you, Robo! Do you think it's pretty feasible with that plan?

Also, good to see you. I haven't been around TPAS much because I haven't had as many trips, nor do I feel like I know anything anymore with all the changes, ha ha! I hang out on Rumors and News the most these days.

Thanks!

Ahh, good call. I knew I could count on you, Robo! Do you think it's pretty feasible with that plan?

Also, good to see you. I haven't been around TPAS much because I haven't had as many trips, nor do I feel like I know anything anymore with all the changes, ha ha! I hang out on Rumors and News the most these days.

Thanks!
Hi!
The biggest obstacle for travel will be a mass exodus from MK following the fireworks there.

Yeah, that is a concern. Still with good positioning and over an hour to make the hop, it sure feels plausible. The new fireworks at MK seem like they will be great from further down Main Street to get that full view anyway.

Pre-Covid, I had many visits where I watched Wishes at the MK at 8pm and was in Epcot in time for the 9pm Illuminations (and then a few times, Epcot Forever)
Although I did sometimes ride the monorail, I found the more reliable way was the bus.
From the MK station, I would get on either the Boardwalk bus or the Yacht/Beach bus, whichever was available first and walk to the International Gateway from whichever hotel I was dropped at.
Sometimes I was in the Epcot just as the show began.
Other times I made it all the way to the path from Future World.
That was with only 40 minutes between shows.
The window you're discussing is much longer so you really shouldn't have an issue.
One of my trips, I did it multiple nights in a row.
The International Gateway Cast Members started to expect me after night 3 and gave me a Celebration button on my last night marking the run of consecutive nights seeing both fireworks shows

Pre-Covid, I had many visits where I watched Wishes at the MK at 8pm and was in Epcot in time for the 9pm Illuminations (and then a few times, Epcot Forever)
Although I did sometimes ride the monorail, I found the more reliable way was the bus.
From the MK station, I would get on either the Boardwalk bus or the Yacht/Beach bus, whichever was available first and walk to the International Gateway from whichever hotel I was dropped at.
Sometimes I was in the Epcot just as the show began.
Other times I made it all the way to the path from Future World.
That was with only 40 minutes between shows.
The window you're discussing is much longer so you really shouldn't have an issue.
One of my trips, I did it multiple nights in a row.
The International Gateway Cast Members started to expect me after night 3 and gave me a Celebration button on my last night marking the run of consecutive nights seeing both fireworks shows

Great! Thanks. I am thinking I will try it - bus to Yacht & Beach or Boardwalk method. I mean, worst case scenario we miss it an dpick it up on night 2, but it seem slike it should work. We may not get the best viewing positions for it, but it'll be okay. We are both tall-ish guys so I don't mind standing back a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter