• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Premium Plan review

diswedwish

DIS Veteran
My mom and I stayed at FQ from 1/1-1/15. We did the basic dining plan for the first 10 days, had a room-only, then 4 days on the Premium, finishing with a night of room-only. I also ran my first half-marathon:goodvibes

This will be a quick review of what we did on the Premium plan portion of the trip. My mom is 62, I'm 32 - I'd done the Gold plan before as well as the Platinum plan for a small portion of previous trips so I did some talking to my mom to convince her to try it. I planned that portion as go, go, go which probably was not the best for my mom (she's starting to slow down although she wouldn't appreciate me mentioning it).

Here's what we did:
1/11 - split breakfast at FQ
Around the World Segway tour at Epcot - very much enjoyed by both of us!
Lunch at Le Cellier - yum!!!
Parasailing - which my mom was very apprehensive about, but she enjoyed it much more than I did (done it twice before but didn't consider things like "what if that cable snaps?" then...)
Rented Sea Raycers - my mom got pulled over by the water patrol - lol! She was following too close to me.
Dinner at CA Grill - yum again!
Carriage ride at POR - aggravating bus ride to get there, but we made it on time! this was relaxing after the long day.

1/12 - split breakfast at FQ
Undiscovered Future World - okay, not our favorite, and very long
Lunch at Chefs de France - got to see Remy! Food was not our favorite.
Too cold for Sea Raycers, so we headed to HS to ride some rides (for me) and to rest on a bench (for my mom)
Dinner at Flying Fish - my mom's favorite steak
Preferred viewing for Illuminations (actually the lower French terrace was open, so we didn't use our voucher because in France we could sit, important for my mom)

1/13 - split breakfast at FQ
Keys to the Kingdom tour - we liked it, again it's kind of long
Portrait session at Wilderness Lodge - this was a lot of fun and we stuck with the prints that were included with the package so it was definitely worth it! I wore my half-marathon medal, and I'm glad to have some good pics of my mom and I.
Dinner at Artist Point - my favorite restaurant/meal of the trip!
Preferred viewing for Wishes - here I was surprised - in the past the whole terrace has been roped off, not the case this night - but there was a CM saving a front/center table for us which was very nice.
Used up all our snack credits for gummy Mickeys for home.

1/14 - split breakfast at FQ
A little time at MK
FW Segway tour - our favorite tour of the trip!
Lunch at CRT - we both really liked this!
Off to DD for Cirque - slight problem here, when we checked in we weren't given vouchers for Cirque, I asked, but the CM didn't know and they didn't have the '11 brochures ready yet. I go to Will Call and was given a bit of a hard time (where are your vouchers? That's how we get paid.) But he did call over to FQ and it was resolved. We returned to our room with 2 messages sent around 2pm that day that they had our tickets - great except we weren't back to the room all day!
Cirque - good as always
Fulton's for dinner - yuck, yuck, yuck! Okay food, bad service, and it was a let down on the last night of the trip.

Overall we both had a great time! My mom was wiped by the end. We had been there since 1/1, so we had plenty of time in the parks before we started the Premium plan.

Any questions? I'd be happy to go into more detail:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter