Quick question…Going on the Magic Friday do they have plug by bed for CPAP machine!

NAB

<font color=green>That first page just got too hea
I remember a long time ago you needed an extension cord. Is there a plug there now?

Can you take your own extension cord?

We are doing inside too

I always do. No surge protector. Pack it with my CPAP in my carryon.
Thank you ! my husband just asked if he could do that, I was afraid they would take it…lol

We fly out tomorrow so thanks for the fast answer.

Thank you ! my husband just asked if he could do that, I was afraid they would take it…lol

We fly out tomorrow so thanks for the fast answer.
They can take it if they find it. It is on the prohibited items list. BUT they will provide you with an approved cord or inspect yours and approve it on the spot.

Also, if you haven't already, call DCL and have them provide distilled water for your CPAP. And ask how they handle extension cords on loan--I think we were able to borrow one from Guest Services after embarkation, certainly we did this on the Wonder years ago.

We were on the Magic for 3 cruises in September. Duplex outlets on both sides of the bed. One outlet on the side nearer the desk was used for the phone. I plugged in my phone and iPad chargers on the side nearer the bathrooms.

Not to hijack the thread, but can I assume there are also bedside plugs on the Wonder? (This was a good question I hadn’t thought of - my husband uses a CPAP)

They can take it if they find it. It is on the prohibited items list. BUT they will provide you with an approved cord or inspect yours and approve it on the spot.
I know. Always wondering if it would happen. I didn’t risk it in Carnival - don’t know why. I don’t like to encourage rule-breaking, but this is one Is my act of defiance. I think the machine is supposed to be checked by the crew, too.

There was a plug for my CPAP machine in June 2022. It was a veranda room.

I wondered if different rooms had different plug situations. Not only was I in an interior, it was a sideways, so the desk was very close to the bed. Thanks for noting the category difference.

Not to hijack the thread, but can I assume there are also bedside plugs on the Wonder? (This was a good question I hadn’t thought of - my husband uses a CPAP)

The Wonder and Magic are essentially twins.

Don‘t forget the advice of others - you can ask for distilled water and an extension cord.

I was on the WBTA this past September and there are outlets on both sides of the bed.

I know. Always wondering if it would happen. I didn’t risk it in Carnival - don’t know why. I don’t like to encourage rule-breaking, but this is one Is my act of defiance. I think the machine is supposed to be checked by the crew, too.
Are you wondering if they really enforce the rule ? Of course they do. Any unapproved electrical item is a fire hazard and fire is the number one risk on any ship (not sinking or viruses). They will even confiscate it in the room if your steward notices it.

Are you wondering if they really enforce the rule ? Of course they do. Any unapproved electrical item is a fire hazard and fire is the number one risk on any ship (not sinking or viruses). They will even confiscate it in the room if your steward notices it.

Very nice thought. I am sorry to say that they do not, at least not in over 2 dozen cruises for me. Fortunately, my equipment is in working order - and is unplugged when I am not in the room. I don’t leave phones and pads charging when unsupervised, either.

I am not arguing in favor of breaking rules, just reporting my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter