Quick Queue at Sea World Orlando?

mpb2000

Mouseketeer
How does quick queue work at Sea World Orlando at the moment? Is there a difference between buying online vs. at the park? Do you have to redeem your purchase at the park? What do you actually have to carry with you to the rides? Do you show a barcode in the app or on a pdf (printed or on your phone)? Do you have to wear a wristband? This is one time I would rather just carry a piece of paper with me than my phone. We will have a two year old with us, so everyone won’t be able to ride at once and there will always be someone to hold things instead of dealing with lockers.

Also, do any hotels do complimentary quick queue anymore? I seem to remember them doing that but you could only ride each ride once.

Buying online guarantees you will get it in case it sells out the day of your visit. You don’t have to redeem it at the park if bought online. You can show a printout, show it on the phone or buy it at a kiosk at the park and it prints out a wallet sized card like a park ticket size.

Some rides like Mako have the merge point in the station, others like Kraken have Quick Queue users go to the exit and they have a row blocked off.

2 years ago we had wristbands, which was simple, but last October they didn't even offer to give us wristbands, we had to use our phones, which is definitely more of a pain. Don't know why it changed, or if it was just us; maybe it was just our check-in employee being lazy...?

IMO, Quick Queue is the easiest "fastpass" type decision in Orlando. It's super cheap compared to Genie+ or Express Passes. The worst thing is that sometimes SeaWorld is slow enough that it doesn't gain you much compared to standby, but it's still not the end of the world because it's not crazy-expensive in the first place.

On the contrary, Sea World Quick Queue prices vary by date and can indeed be expensive. The day we attended, March 8, passes weren’t needed, but the cheapest one, once per ride NOT including the new Ice Breaker, were $39.99. With ONE ride on Ice Breaker they were $69.99.

Today the top tier version is $89.99. On Saturday it’s $129.99.

The website has “starting at” prices. If they are the cheapest price, they aren’t needed.

Partner hotels no longer give out the free limited version of Quick Queue. We asked at ours.

Buying online guarantees you will get it in case it sells out the day of your visit. You don’t have to redeem it at the park if bought online. You can show a printout, show it on the phone or buy it at a kiosk at the park and it prints out a wallet sized card like a park ticket size.

Some rides like Mako have the merge point in the station, others like Kraken have Quick Queue users go to the exit and they have a row blocked off.

At some rides in other parks I’ve been to, the merge point for express and standby is well before the loading platform and there is still a 10 to 15 minute wait. 👹

(By the way, are you the same poster with the same name I sometimes see on other theme park sites? Like Theme Park Review or Coaster Buzz?)

At some rides in other parks I’ve been to, the merge point for express and standby is well before the loading platform and there is still a 10 to 15 minute wait. 👹

(By the way, are you the same poster with the same name I sometimes see on other theme park sites? Like Theme Park Review or Coaster Buzz?)

Yes, I use the name Yoshi or YoshiFan on those and other sites.

I agree having the merge point far back is annoying. Hersheypark is bad with that. The worst was at Dorney Park where I had all season Fast Lane and it was common for the merge points at some coasters to not have anyone there and you had to merge in without anyone stopping the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter