• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Review- 1 Night Coronado Springs June 15th

Remy is Up

Registered
We did one night at Coronado, preferred room. Ive felt since our last stay at Coronado that the rooms are now some of the best on property, but, I wasnt a fan of the buses taking so long or the walk from preferred to the pool. Now with the new bridges across the lake open, Im good with the distance. The buses were better this trip and if the improvements continue ( we are staying again in the fall in the new tower), this will become our go to along with Riverside. While I enjoy the deluxe resorts, truthfully, the rooms at the deluxes arent better than the ones at the refurb Coronado or Riverside, the amenities arent that much better. Its all about location. At this point in our travels, while Beach/Yach Club are nice and better than BDW, The Monorail resorts are eh. AKL and Wilderness Lodge are nice but the transit from those can be a bear. Our priorities have become different. Coronado and Riverside are now at the top of our list and Swan/Dolphin are a close follow up to those. The other deluxes on property will be a if we are just in the mood now.

I was there the same night in Casitas 1, first floor, exact center of the building where the stairs are. I have never been in a louder room. I wish people who walk outside rooms, including housekeepers,vwould understand that their voices can be heard through the doors. And that parents didn't encourage their little kids to count every room number to prove they know numbers at 6:00 AM but that's a people problem, not a resort problem. The new bridges are great. The food at the Dig site was gross to me. Greasy and they couldn't do Gluten free burgers. The room itself was nice, but it is just like Pop century rooms, minus the pull down bed.

We are staying the opening night of the new tower next month but otherwise this hotel is not top of my list for anything unless it is really cheap. Nothing wrong except the huge size and it's not exponentially better in any dimension than any other moderate.

If you love the CSR keep that love going.

We had a one night stay just a few nights before you did. We loved it as well. I thought the room was really nice and had a ton of space for storage. We frequently stay all levels from value to deluxe and dvc and I can’t compare this to a rock at the pop century with the exception of the flooring and at Pop we had dirty floors. We were upgraded to a water view in a preferred casitas building which made no difference to us. We only used the buses once but compared to a previous stay it was a long wait. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot and other people Who were there before us ended up having an hour wait. We took an Uber back. We hated our food at the food court but that’s not a biggie for us but we loved the quiet pool.

It’s our favorite moderate and we would stay again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter