Quick Reviews- 12-16 thru 12-19

NJPluto

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We just returned from a quick trip to the World. We were the on the DDP and experienced no problems whatsoever. Service was always attentive!

12-18:
Lunch, Capt'n Cooks: We used CS credits. Wow! We were so impressed with the new place! DD (6) loved the touch screens! I had the Multigrain Turkey Club. Yummy! It was a huge sandwich and I managed to put it all down (5 1/2 mos pregnant with twins!). I had a big oatmeal cookie for dessert- it was also very good! DH had the pepperoni flatbread pizza. He is a very picky eater but said that the pizza was delicious. DD had a grilled cheese with carrots as her side. She ate most of it. They had cupcakes for dessert.

'Ohana: We used TS credits. We had an 8pm ADR. I do prefer the old menu but we still liked our meal. The food came out FAST! We loved the salad with the honey lime dressing! The fried wontons delicious, as were the dipping sauces! We didn't care for the wings or the shrimp. That was fine because we wanted to save room for dinner! The skewers were fantastic! I loved the turkey and the pork. DH absolutely loved the sausage ones, which shocked me since I'd mainly read negative reviews of them. We ordered DD a grilled cheese, which she picked at. She actually ate more of the turkey skewers! We all loved the potatoes! None of us touched the veggies. They looked like frozen veggies that had been overcooked. DD had an ice cream sundae for dessert, which she loved. We thought the bread pudding with Bananas Foster sauce was out of this world! Service was very attentive but we did feel a bit rushed as the food came out so quickly. On the other hand, we were starving so it sure beat the food coming out slowly! We'd definitely go back. The atmosphere was great!

12-17
Breakfast, Capt'n Cook's: We paid OOP. I had the Breakfast Platter, which was eggs, bacon, sausage, a biscuit and potatoes. Wow- it was a lot of food! It was really, really good. DH had the Tonga Toast with a side of sausage. DD had the Mickey Waffle with a side of bacon. She ate about 3/4 of the waffle. Another good meal at CC's!

Lunch, Capt'n Cook's: We used CS credits. DH opted out of lunch. I had the cheese flatbread pizza, which was good but I liked the turkey club better. They let DD have an Uncrustable instead of something from the menu. We each had a cookie for dessert-yummy!

Dinner, San Angel Inn: We used TS credits. I was nervous since I'd read so many negative reviews but we love Mexican and decided to give it a whirl! WOW-I am SO glad we did! They started off with chips and salsa, which were very good. I had the House Salad. It was good but I only picked at it since I was still full from lunch. DH had the nachos for his appetizer. He raved about them and ate most of them. (Smart move on his part to skip lunch!) My entree was the Plato Mexicano. It was SO good! DH had the Filet Motuleno, which he said was fantastic. He ordered medium well and it came out as ordered. He didn't care for the frield plaintain. DD had the children's burrito and ate it all! DD had ice cream for dessert, I had the rice pudding and DH had the flan. We were SO stuffed that we only picked at them. From what we tried, they were very good. Service was very attentive: refills were very quick to come. The only thing we didn't like was how dark the restaurant was. I mean it was REALLY dark. Almost annoyingly so. However, we will be back because of the great food and service!

12-18
Breakfast, Kona Cafe: We paid OOP. I had Two Eggs Your Way, which I ordered over easy and with bacon. Very good, although I wish they served toast instead of biscuits. (I should've asked for toast even though the biscuit was good!) DH had the pancakes which he finished. DD had the Mickey Cake, which she ate about 1/2 of. All in all, a great way to start our day.

Lunch, Cosmic Ray's: We used CS credits. We all ordered the cheeseurger combo meal. It was okay at best but after walking around the park, it more than hit the spot. FYI- Nothing on the children's menu appealed to DD (6). We just ordered her the adult's cheeseburger and had no problems doing so.

Dinner, Kona Cafe: We used TS credits. Wow! We just love this place! My appetizer was the pot stickers. They were really, really good. Even DD liked them! DH had a ceasar salad, which he said was good. We each ordered the Char Crusted Medallions of Filet Mignon. This was out of this world. The meat was so tender that it practically melted in your mouth. The mashed potatoes were really, really yummy. The asparagus was overcooked but I still liked it. DD had the mac & cheese, which she picked at. DH skipped dessert. At my daughter's insistence, I ordered the Kiddie Cone. It was good but nothing I'd have ever chosen for myself. Her kids meal came with ice cream which she liked, but mostly ate mine. It never occured to us to have DH order the Kiddie Cone and for me to get what I wanted! Oh well, I didn't need all those extra calories and I was totally stuffed. Service was very attentive.

All in all, an extremely positive experience with the DDP. We enjoyed all of our meals! Hope this helps some of you!

Thanks for your great reviews! I am especially glad to hear that your dinner at Kona Cafe was terrific! We are going to dine there for the first time this coming Feb. I think I might have to try the Char Crusted Medalions!!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter