Quick Service Dining Plan at the Fort?

Tromba

Mouseketeer
We're thinking of adding the Quick Service Dining Plan to our reservations next summer. Is there any place we can get counter service at FW?

I know we can go over to WL for counter service, but it would be nice to use of few of the CS options at FW.

Thanks, Tromba

no such thing at the Fort, unless you cook it yourself.

Check out The Pepper Market at CSR to get the most out of your CS.

If you go to the dining forum you will find a link to the folder for each of the dining plans. The one for the counter service plan lists the Meadows snack bar as one of the counter services places.

i don't know how much that's even open.... but you are correct, in a loose sense, it's counter service.

As mentioned the Pepper Market at CSR is the best place to use CS you can choose a 21.00 steak or a 5.00 salad
great value for CS

Is CSR Coronado? One more question about the dining plan... does anyone recall which items at the trading post count as a snack? I read somewhere that a half gallon of milk counts as 1 snack credit. If that is correct, we could get a half gallon of milk every morning and have muffins at the site.

Yes, CSR is Coronado Springs Resort.
I don't know the answer to your other snack question, sorry.

We just got back last week. We were able to use our CS credits at the Meadows Snack Bar but there were not a lot of choices. They had a couple of premade sandwiches and some flat bread pizzas. We were only allowed a drink and a fruit bowl for dessert. We ended up bring most of the fruit back to the camper for snacks. I wish they had more options for CS at the Fort, but it was easier to go to the Meadows then to leave just for lunch.

On our last day we still had 9 snack credits left so we went to the Trading post. The clerks didn't know what we were allowed to get so they told us to pick what we wanted and bring it up to the register for them to check it. We got some Mickey Bars, some rice crispy treats and some small boxes of Nilla Wafers. We still have a few Mickey bars in the freezer. I think the kids are trying to stretch the magic as long as they can! DH says that we are not going back for 10 years :sad1:. (Long story, I am trying to put together our trip report)

Check out The Pepper Market at CSR to get the most out of your CS.

Yikes!!! We were hoping the Pepper Market would be included in the new QS plan, BUT.....a close look at the 2009 QS plan brochure doesn't show any locations at all for Coronado Springs, and many of the ones we especially like at Epcot aren't listed! Has anyone else noticed this?

We figure that if they do free dining again next year it'll probably be the quick service plan, but the locations seem VERY limited. Now I'm wishing we had booked our bounceback offer since I think that included the regular dining plan! :(

Yikes!!! We were hoping the Pepper Market would be included in the new QS plan, BUT.....a close look at the 2009 QS plan brochure doesn't show any locations at all for Coronado Springs, and many of the ones we especially like at Epcot aren't listed! Has anyone else noticed this?

We figure that if they do free dining again next year it'll probably be the quick service plan, but the locations seem VERY limited. Now I'm wishing we had booked our bounceback offer since I think that included the regular dining plan! :(

I've heard they eliminated alot of good QS for 2009.

And welcome to the Dis.

for what it's worth the UK free dining offer is:-
Value Resorts -no free dining
Moderates - QS free dining with upgrade to standard dining for £4 per person per night
Delux Resorts - standard free dining.

Ceri x

for what it's worth the UK free dining offer is:-
Value Resorts -no free dining
Moderates - QS free dining with upgrade to standard dining for £4 per person per night
Delux Resorts - standard free dining.

Ceri x

I saw that, wonder if 2009 will be the same for U.S.

...does anyone recall which items at the trading post count as a snack? I read somewhere that a half gallon of milk counts as 1 snack credit.

Answer is... depends on who you talk to!

Last time we used the DP ('06) it seemed to vary depending on who was manning the register. Once at the trading post we were told that pretty much any food item under $4 could be counted as a "snack" but that was only one person. Maybe there's a particular way to ring it into the register that not everyone knows??

btw, we also got take out Pizza once (pretty darned good, btw) and when we asked if we could use that on the DDP, the CM said "no, but I'll give you the DDE discount" which I think at the time was 20%!

Just goes to show you it never hurts to smile and ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter