• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Service Goodness?

gregf71

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at Aulani later this summer. Checking out the menu highlights on the website for Mama's, Ulu Cafe, and Off the Hook. Any stand out items for lunch? Some of the Off the Hook options are looking mighty tasty!

My daughter and I both adore the Lilikoi (passionfruit) cheesecake from Ulu Cafe. So so so good!
It is usually in the refrigerated display case to the left of the hot food service area just as you enter.

I liked the kalua pork flatbread from Ulu cafe and the Mickey spam musubi was also really tasty.

While it's not available at lunch time, the 'Olelo Room has a pretty decent Sunset Menu where certain drinks and appetizers are discounted from 5-7pm. So that can be a decent budget option for a light dinner or some snacks.

My daughter and I shared the turkey wrap with a bag of chips and mickey brownie on a couple of days. I also agree the lilikoi cheesecake was delicious! I had the fried shrimp from off the hook one day and it was ok, very greasy. I think we had the pizza from there too and it was just ok, nothing great.

Oops, missed the "for lunch" part of your question! Lilikoi cheesecake is great but maybe not for lunch LOL!

LOL! Heck, I had a slice of cheesecake and a creme brulee for breakfast the other day when visiting a bakery before our AAA travel office opened. Lilikoi cheesecake could certainly pass for a lunch entree while on vacation! :)

what seems to hold true for almost anything food related at a disney resort/park...the more unique it is...the more likely it is to be good.

not sure why but the more standard items like burgers and pizza tend to be just ok and kinda overpriced...but the items that are unusual seem to be mostly quite good and decently priced.

and while its not gonna stand out for taste/etc. the mickey shaped shave ice is fun.

We just returned and thought the pizza at Ulu Cafe was pretty good as well as the California rolls, the Mickey shaped brownies, and the Malasadas.

Thanks,
Heather

DD and I split a turkey wrap and chips and each got a mickey brownie for lunch on a few days. We were also gifted a fruit platter and I made breakfast out of the fruit and malasadas each morning.

Pizza is something very subject to personal preferences, and I would not recommend the Ulu Cafe pizza. I like a thin crust and it was too bready for me. Curiosity made me buy a pizza since I saw so many people walking around with pizza boxes! A flatbread from Off the Hook would have been a better option for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter