Quick Service Recommendations

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are taking our boys (8, 5, & 3 at time of trip) to WDW in August. We have recently decided that any meals we eat at a Disney park or resort will be QS, with the exception of 'Ohana, if we can get a breakfast reservation during our trip. We are staying at PVB and we are new DVC members, so our goal is to experience the parks slowly with mid-day breaks at the resort for lunch and to swim. Our schedule and initial dining ideas are as follows:
August 4 - MK (Tomorrowland & Fantasyland) - breakfast at resort, lunch at resort, park, Cosmic Ray's for dinner
August 5 - DHS - breakfast at resort, Woody's Lunch Box for lunch, Docking Bay 7 for dinner
August 6 - MK (LS, Adventureland, & Frontierland) - breakfast at resort, lunch at resort, Columbia Harbour House for dinner
August 7 - EPCOT (World Nature, World Discovery, & World Celebration) - breakfast at resort, lunch at resort, Yorkshire County Fish Co. or La Cantina de San Angel for dinner
August 8 - Resort / DS - 'Ohana for breakfast, lunch at resort, dinner at resort or at DS
August 9 - EPCOT (World Showcase) - Food & Wine
August 10 - AK - breakfast at resort, Satu'li Canteen for lunch, dinner at resort
August 11 - MK (Frontierland, Fantasyland, & Tomorrowland) - breakfast at resort, lunch at resort, Peco Bill Tall Tale Inn or Columbia Harbour House for dinner

Any suggestions for other QS meals at the parks, DS, or nearby resorts?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Woody's Lunch Box and Yorkshire County Fish have only outdoor seating, so you might want to consider alternate choices in case it rains when you visit. At Epcot I'd recommend Regal Eagle (great barbeque and the best QS mac & cheese on property) or Sunshine Seasons (good variety and desserts). For Studios perhaps PizzeRizzo (lots of fun Muppets references) or Backlot Express (you can listen to the Indiana Jones show or perhaps see a character cavalcade passing by). Also, at MK instead of Columbia Harbor House twice, consider Pinocchio Village Haus - my 2-year-old grandson got a real kick out of waving at the Small World boats from a window table.

I mainly eat QS dinners while I use groceries for breakfast and lunch. I rarely repeat the same QS on a trip. Philarmagic Fan summed it up nicely about indoor seating during August. Some notes:

MK - My favorites in order are Pecos, Columbia, Cosmic, and Pinocchio.
EPC - I think F&W is overrated as a meal. It costs too much money for little food plus it can be hectic finding a place to sit. I only use F&W for snacks. Cantina, Regal, and Sunshine Seasons are good picks.
DHS - I like docking 7, even as a non-SW fan. ABC commissary has good food as well.
AK - Canteen is a great pick
Resorts - captain cooks is fine for one or two meals. I will drive to a value resort because they have many quick options and ample parking.

We typically eat breakfast in the room but I'd say you should add Gasparilla's at Grand Floridian to your list since you'll be next door at Poly. My favorite item there is the Burger which I find excellent compared to other qs locations. Captain Cook's at Poly is really good too though so you'll likely find a few items you enjoy there. I typically get the noodles with veggies or pork sandwich there.

We really like Flame Tree at AK. Regal Eagle at Epcot is excellent but the booths at food and wine are hard to pass on.

For HS we've had the best luck with PizzeRizzo. At MK qs has consistently been inconsistent.

My wife and I are taking our boys (8, 5, & 3 at time of trip) to WDW in August. We have recently decided that any meals we eat at a Disney park or resort will be QS, with the exception of 'Ohana, if we can get a breakfast reservation during our trip. We are staying at PVB and we are new DVC members, so our goal is to experience the parks slowly with mid-day breaks at the resort for lunch and to swim. Our schedule and initial dining ideas are as follows:
August 4 - MK (Tomorrowland & Fantasyland) - breakfast at resort, lunch at resort, park, Cosmic Ray's for dinner
August 5 - DHS - breakfast at resort, Woody's Lunch Box for lunch, Docking Bay 7 for dinner
August 6 - MK (LS, Adventureland, & Frontierland) - breakfast at resort, lunch at resort, Columbia Harbour House for dinner
August 7 - EPCOT (World Nature, World Discovery, & World Celebration) - breakfast at resort, lunch at resort, Yorkshire County Fish Co. or La Cantina de San Angel for dinner
August 8 - Resort / DS - 'Ohana for breakfast, lunch at resort, dinner at resort or at DS
August 10 - AK - breakfast at resort, Satu'li Canteen for lunch, dinner at resort
August 11 - MK (Frontierland, Fantasyland, & Tomorrowland) - breakfast at resort, lunch at resort, Peco Bill Tall Tale Inn or Columbia Harbour House for dinner

Thank you!!
with an August trip I would not plan on CSs that only have outside seating. plus the ones with indoor seating could be crowded if storms are happening when you decide to eat

I heartily agree with maxbuffmelvin who said, I think F&W is overrated as a meal. It costs too much money for little food plus it can be hectic finding a place to sit. I only use F&W for snacks.

Also, I think you'll have a difficult time finding F&W items kids their ages will enjoy. Most F&W offerings are geared to adult tastes to be paired with wine or beer.

Besides, they're pricey. You can expect to spend $6-$8+ for just about everything. And, that's for portions that often are only a half cupful of food. DH and I can easily spend $40-$50 or more eating there--2-3 items for me and 3-4 for him.

There aren't any places to sit and eat for most booths except near the America Pavilion. Tables are stand-to-eat, designed to encourage people to eat/drink and move along quickly.

Yorkshire County is not going to offer much unless all of you will eat fish and chips. That's literally all they have other than mandarin oranges and snack chips.

Do pull up the Disney menus and look over them for the QS you're considering. I suspect you'll find some places terribly inadequate for your family's food needs.

Last edited:

Thank you for all of the suggestions and tips. We have never been to F&W, so I was thinking it would offer something for everyone, so I'm glad I'm finding out now that its not going to offer much for my boys. We will just scratch that off of our plan besides maybe a snack or something. Our QS experiences in April were Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio, and Cosmic Ray's at MK and Flame Tree at AK. We were happy with all of them wit the exception of Pinocchio. But finding out that you can sit and watch the Small World boats, I would definitely try it again. Is that a request that you can make or just luck of the draw? I will revisit the menus with my wife and try to get a better idea of what there is for kids meals.

So I'm gonna be the minority on this thread and disagree with the above posters about F&W. I actually thought the portions were decent for what they are. My husband and I decided to end our day at Epcot for dinner and I was able to try 3-4 savory items, one desert item and a flight of mimosas. A quick service meal, depending on where you eat will run you about $20 pp. Yes, in most cases the portions will be bigger with this type of meal, but I enjoy being able to try different foods from different countries (the Mexico booth is always a winner!) For comparison, I'm pretty sure I never paid more than $7 per item and like I said, I left the park very satisfied fullness wise. All that being said, I do think Epcot has some of the best food on property especially quick service so you won't go wrong either way imo.

Thank you!!
I don’t get the appeal (other than character interaction) for ohana breakfast. I recently had it and felt it is literally the same food as qs. Unless the characters are super important I’d stick to a qs breakfast. Everything else you laid out looks good to me.

While F&W and other festival food can be adventurous for some kids, it can also be a fun part of the educational aspect of EPCOT.
Flame tree has a lot of shaded seating in AK.
Can't help in the other parks as we mostly do TS.

Def take time to pull up menu’s (esp if your kids are picky eaters). You’ll also be able to look up food & wine menu’s when it gets closer so you can see if there are a few items you want to check out. I also like to check the menu’s and get a rough idea of what we’ll be spending. If you have a target redcard you can get 5% off disney giftcards (it doesn’t sound like a lot, but it adds up!).

I don’t get the appeal (other than character interaction) for ohana breakfast. I recently had it and felt it is literally the same food as qs. Unless the characters are super important I’d stick to a qs breakfast. Everything else you laid out looks good to me.
My oldest is a huge fan of Stitch. He wants everything Stitch. So we are making it a priority for him. And because my middle son looks up to his big brother, he now likes Stitch too. We are doing it for the characters, not the food.

Def take time to pull up menu’s (esp if your kids are picky eaters). You’ll also be able to look up food & wine menu’s when it gets closer so you can see if there are a few items you want to check out. I also like to check the menu’s and get a rough idea of what we’ll be spending. If you have a target redcard you can get 5% off disney giftcards (it doesn’t sound like a lot, but it adds up!).
I have created a spreadsheet with each restaurant we may visit with the expected costs (apps, drinks, entrees, tax, gratuity, etc.) based on what I think we will all order. Lately, my boys seem to order food at restaurants and not eat it, which has prompted the move from table service to quick service. I try to eat either vegetarian or plant-based (I would prefer real vegetables over plant-based food that isn't all that healthy) so it's a balancing act with the boys being relatively picky and not always eating what they order. Glad to know that F&W will have the offerings available ahead of time. Thanks!

My oldest is a huge fan of Stitch. He wants everything Stitch. So we are making it a priority for him. And because my middle son looks up to his big brother, he now likes Stitch too. We are doing it for the characters, not the food.
When you're at MK, you should go to the Tomorrowland stage (between Carousel of Progress and Space Mountain). Stitch and Buzz rotate for social distance greetings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter