Quick Service with some variety / different options?

Christinecinti

Christy
Hey! Sorry if there's already a thread somewhere about this... I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Quick Service dining that has some variety from the typical chicken nuggets/burger/pizza variety? We like those things, but after days and days it's nice to seek out some variety for the taste buds! :)

The new canteen in Avatar atvAnimal Kingdom looks like it has some different offerings if you have a look at the new menu. We also like Colomboa Harbor House on Magic Kingdom which has salmon couscous and broccoli and also a nice tuna sandwich.

Hey! Sorry if there's already a thread somewhere about this... I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Quick Service dining that has some variety from the typical chicken nuggets/burger/pizza variety? We like those things, but after days and days it's nice to seek out some variety for the taste buds! :)
Maybe you could try Sunshine Season Grille . It is inside The Land pavilion at Epcot. They have pretty good salads and some sandwiches along with some Asian ( I think) choices. We have eaten ther and really enjoyed it . Best of luck :flower1:

Sunshine Seasons and Columbia Harbor House are both good recommendations. Nomad Lounge in AK has nice small plates too.

Columbia Harbour House and BOG are both good options.
Also, The Plaza is on the cheaper side for a TS so that could sorta count (if you aren't on the dining plan)

Sounds like you need to go peruse the menus. We did a six day trip, ate only QS, and I had a hamburger ONE time (and that was by choice), and no nuggets or pizza at all.

We like Columbia Harbour House in MK, Flame Tree BBQ in AK and Tangerine Cafe in Epcot. They all offer things that are beyond the norm with quick service.

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot.

Also for Flame Tree BBQ at AK. In fact we had lunch there earlier today.

Off the top of my head:

Epcot - Every country in WS in Epcot has a quick service and other than America, they don't have either nuggets or hamburgers. Sunshine Seasons in the land pavilion also offers different things.

AK - just about all of the QS options there offer something other than burgers or nuggets. Might be hard to find either one of those if you wanted them at AK. Not sure since if we eat QS it's fried rice from Yak and Yeti, more often than not it's something at the Nomad Lounge.

HS - Backlot Express, ABC Commissary, all the places that line Sunset Blvd, The Trolley Car (Starbucks)

MK - Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays, Caseys - I'm sure there is more but we rarely eat QS at MK.

I have never had a hamburger or nuggets at a QS at WDW ever, in over 30 years of going and we do eat QS at least twice a trip.

At ak there are tons of choices - flame tree, y&y, and the new restaurant in Pandora...

That said, I don't eat qs in mk or hs. Gotta be worth the calories! But I have to have a dole whip in mk!

We always make a couple of trips to Disney Springs for a QS meal at Wolfgang Puck Express (in the Marketplace). Rotisserie chicken, salads, salmon, pastas, pizzas (BBQ chicken is my favourite). SO GOOD!

If you haven't been for awhile, you may want to look at the menus. It is very easy to avoid nuggets/burgers/pizza with QS. We eat mainly QS, and in 10 trips, the only time we've had any of those things was by choice.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ for bbq (obviously), half chicken is good, DS really liked the salad w/chicken he had.

MK - We like the chicken and/or ribs platter at Cosmic Rays (comes with mashed potatoes and green beans), Columbia Harbor House is good, Pecos Bills' Fajita Platter is good (and shareable for us)

Epcot - We like the Cantina in Mexico, Tangierine Cafe in Morocco, Sunshine Seasons,

DHS - Backlot Express has a caprese sandwich that is good, they have chicken and waffles (one of my kids loved this, I don't), Fairfax Fare has pulled pork that is good,

Yes - you need to research all the menus. TONS of places with different non-burger foods. A couple of favorites:

Katsura Grill - Japan, Epcot
Sommerfest - Germany, Epcot
Yak & Yeti QS - AK
Columbia Harbour House - MK
Splitsville - Disney Springs (kinda between a QS and a TS)
Boardwalk Bakery - nice sandwiches and treats, Boardwalk

Thanks for all the responses! ... yeah I've looked thru the menus on website MANY times (so much it was getting overwhelming! Lol)..., I just wanted to hear some people's favorites to get ideas. Part of the reason for my search is that DD (teen) is pretty picky and doesn't enjoy a lot of spices so alot of places wouldn't be as enjoyable for her (like Morocco or the Japanese style etc)...she also eats zero seafood... we also go to WP Express multiple times when there cuz their variety is GREAT... B. Patisserie in epcot at least once, BOG lunch once. But we sometimes struggle in MK and HS with variety. I loved the taco salad they formerly had at Pecos Bill, but it's gone :( ... we've never tried Columbia CH, (due to seafood) but seems they have a chicken pot pie that may be good? ... and Pinnochio VH thought of maybe trying the chic parm sandwich?... Maybe the steak at ABC Commisary in HS? Anyone have these dishes or any other favorites?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter