• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Spring Break Trip & First Without My Parents!

alexramz1515

Mouseketeer
Helloooo Disboards community! I have been going to Disney since I was born in 1992 (23 y/o) and am a complete Disney addict! I love reading the various TR when I have an upcoming vacation to get excited and gain some additional info and insight. I have never done one but they look fun and I figured I could do an easy one since I am going on a quick 2 day trip! So me and my S/O are going to Ormond Beach, FL for his spring break, 3/14-3/20. We are both very excited to get away from school and work and relax on the beach. I told him as soon as we booked that we would of course have to fit Disney into our schedule, as it is only 1.5 hours away. The twist is, we didn't think the spring break trip in general was going to happen so I only started planning the Disney portion today!! Usually I am an avid planner so planning a trip that is 3 weeks away was quite different. We are only going for 1 night, 2 days...but still! We got a room at Wilderness Lodge for Wednesday the 16th and we couldn't be more excited. This may sound super geeky but i have ALWAYS wanted to go to Disney with that special someone and really share the magic and fun with him. Also, I have never been without my parents/family. Fastpass+ wasn't as sold out as I thought they would be, which was good. We dont have concrete plans yet because he is super busy at school but I have a general idea of what we will do.

Right now the preliminary plan is to get to the WL early Wednesday morning to pick up tickets and then head over to AK for opening at 9AM. We have park hopper tickets so I figured we would do AK and the big rides early in the morning, and taking the early afternoon to walk the park and enjoy the scenery. Later in the day, I made FP+ for MK so we'll head over there. The first one is at 4:50 on Splash so that should give us plenty of time to enjoy AK and make our way over to MK. We are on a tight budget so no ADR for AK, thinking about maybe a dinner at MK but not sure yet (better decide soon). We then have fast passes for Big Thunder at 6:30 and finally Space at 7:50. And of course, cap the night off with wishes. One think i wanted to do which was fully booked is Be Our Guest as he's never been. Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, it is fully booked for all the normal-ish dinner time. I was thinking of getting like a 9:30 PM ADR and just have dessert and enjoy the theme inside. We'll see. After that we will head back to WL and rest up. Jeez this is getting long, is someone really gonna read all this? I am still figuring out day 2, I shall divulge that info shortly. We will be bringing our Canon D2300 so I will be posting a ton of pictures when the trip is complete. Thanks for reading, hope you tag along on this mini Disney get away!

I guess I should tell you a little more about myself!

12314070_10102730163028256_7727485985319181335_n.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm Alex and I am 23 years young and from New Jersey, and contrary to what some people think, I think its great here! I live in the North West region amongst the woods, cornfields, and cows. NYC is an hour away and the beach is as well. I think its quite nice. I have been a lover of all things Disney since I was but a wee baby. The parks are obviously my favorite park. Right now I work part time for ESPN helping on live production of sporting events! It's quite fun and I'm happy I have my foot in the door of a great company which is owned by an even better company! This will be my first trip without my parents, which is pretty exciting. I love hiking, writing, being on the beach, playing sports, reading, and just goofing around with my friends. I guess thats all for now. I'll update if anything else pops into my head. OH the picture, i'm the one on the far right looking very Jedi-ish if i do say so myself :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter