• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick thoughts on recent trip

ladybugsister

Earning My Ears
Just back from a 10 trip to the World and here are some of my thoughts.

1. Fastpass+: There are somethings I like about it but others I do not like. I kind of like the pre-planning of knowing where I will be. In the MK, I think it works extremely well. Book the 3 mountains for the preplanning and then everything else is easier to get as a 4,5,6 fastpasses. We we able to get Buzz, jungle cruise, PoC, Tomorrowland Speedway. We aren't big fans of 7DMT or Peter Pan. I dont get the hype over either of them. FP+ does not work in either Epcot or DHS. Especially in Epcot there are only 2 rides (TT and Soarin) that you really need it for (3 if you count the new Frozen, I have 2 boys and they wouldn't be caught dead in that ride, haha). I routinely scheduled my FP for between 10-2 and after 2 there was no availability for either of the headliners.
  2. I enjoyed the slimmed down DHS more than I thought I would. I have 2 Star Wars fans so that helped a lot. The park is super heavy on the Star Wars stuff at the moment to fill the gaps of all the things that were closed. The new Star War fireworks show was AMAZING!!. We did the dessert party and I think it was my kids favorite thing, they made friends with all the other kids and had some light saber battles. Although, as a parent knowing the cost of the party, I still not sure if it was worth the "money." of course my kids will say otherwise.
  3. Stayed at the Beach club. We had previously stayed at values and I might have become a Deluxe snob. The room are so pretty and that extra amount of size to the room really helped, especially for a 10 day trip. I would stay value again especially if it means I can stay longer but its going to be hard going back to the values.
  4. 10 day (or more) is the way to go for me. We did both water parks, Disney springs, 1 day at AK and multiple at MK, DHS, and Epcot. I like the longer trips because I don't feel so rushed with trying to fit everything in.
To some it up we had an amazing time. I can't wait to go back. Oh and my celebrity sighting of the trip was that i got to meet John and Kevin at Epcot. My husband made me go over an said Hi after I pointed them out to him. They were both super nice and it was cool to meet disboard legends.

Rather than go back to a value, try a moderate if you never have. I have stayed at all three levels and moderate works for me the best both financially and amenity wise.

I agree that MK is great when it comes to FP+ but Epcot not so much. MK having so much to do clearly helps.

My family also has no interest in Peter Pan (been there, done that). As for 7DMT, after having experienced the Little Mermaid attraction which was underwhelming to say the least, we can pass.

Agree about having more room to spread out in the deluxe resorts, if they are affordable. Love the location of the Beach Club, too.

And I must admit, I've been using Disboards for years, but have no idea who John or Kevin are. Glad you got to meet them though. Whoever they are. Thanks for posting :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter