• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quiet Hotel Closest to Main Gate

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
I am a very light sleeper and am looking for a quiet hotel near the entrance. I was looking at Tropicana & BW Park Place Inn but all the reviews I read say they are very noisy. We were at DL 2 years ago and stayed at HoJo which was very quiet and I loved the room and facilities but that extra walk to and from the park meant we couldn't do an early afternoon rest break as it was just too tiring walking to and from the hotel twice in a day. (I am 62 with hip and knee issues). Whenever I book a room anywhere I always ask for a room in a quiet location away from elevators and ice machines. Just wanting some feedback or recommendations from the community. Thanks a lot.

I think that the rooms at the BACK of the Park Vue Inn are pretty quiet. So if you book direct with them you could ask if they could put you in the far back corner where you will get the least street noise and people walking by. The only downside is that it is a long walk to the back section.

I always stay at BWPPI.

I asked for rooms in the back. I read that suggestion on these boards and it's worked out super well so we always get the same area.

I can hear fireworks, but other than that, we had the kiddos sound machine on and that was that.

I'm sure other hotels are ok but I always just book the same place every trip.

Ask them which room types are the farthest back (king or two queen beds) then ask for whichever is farthest.

Good luck! Enjoy going from ZZZ' to Mickey's in a 15 minute walk.

Last summer I stayed at Park Vue Inn in one of the back sections on the second floor (just about in the corner) It was really quiet and very close to the park entrance. Very easy to get back and forth, and to do an afternoon rest.

Candy Cane Inn has an hourly shuttle. I found it peaceful through Easter break in a deluxe room towards the back. My mother has knee issues so really appreciated the shuttle. Although the beds are quite high.

We have stayed multiple times at the BWPPI and the noise has not been an issue for us.

I can see the rooms that surround the pool area will be noisy in the summer months but in Jan it was not a problem.

Take the advice of others and ask for a room towards the back

Virtually all of the Harbor hotels will have noisy and quiet areas. I think the best advice is to ask for a room towards the back, away from stairways and elevators and on a higher floor. The first floor rooms will tend to get more traffic passing by as people are walking to and from stairways and elevators to get to their floors.

We stayed at Best Western Anaheim Plus this year and last year. It was quiet during the day and we never heard anything from the surrounding rooms, but there were people racing cars in the middle of the night on Harbor blvd and that woke us up multiple times a night. I've heard other people mention that about Harbor hotels, so it wasn't only the Best Western. Maybe if you were way in the back at any of those across the street properties you wouldn't hear the cars at night.

I always stay at BWPPI.

I asked for rooms in the back. I read that suggestion on these boards and it's worked out super well so we always get the same area.

I can hear fireworks, but other than that, we had the kiddos sound machine on and that was that.

I'm sure other hotels are ok but I always just book the same place every trip.

Ask them which room types are the farthest back (king or two queen beds) then ask for whichever is farthest.

Good luck! Enjoy going from ZZZ' to Mickey's in a 15 minute walk.
Thanks for your thoughts. Just wondered if you might know, people are saying the elevator is broken and it doesn't look like they intend to fix it. People say there is another elevator they used and then had to walk across to their room in the other building. I am a bit confused by this and was wondering if you could clarify the layout of the hotel. I will have an ECV so will need to use the elevator as I don't want a first floor room due to car park noise. Thanks

I was there in March and didn't see an elevator issue.

That being said, if you're at the back of the hotel then any elevator would work for you. "All roads lead to Rome" so to speak.

It's a big rectangle. My single father in law had a mobility scooter and enjoyed it. He went to the pool alone to talk to women which was odd but good for him. He enjoyed the trip.

In any case here is a fun picture I drew up for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231004-222544.png
    Screenshot_20231004-222544.png
    837.5 KB · Views: 24
I was there in March and didn't see an elevator issue.

That being said, if you're at the back of the hotel then any elevator would work for you. "All roads lead to Rome" so to speak.

It's a big rectangle. My single father in law had a mobility scooter and enjoyed it. He went to the pool alone to talk to women which was odd but good for him. He enjoyed the trip.

In any case here is a fun picture I drew up for you.
Thanks so much that makes more sense now. I feel confident now booking there and I'm sure we will have a fun time.

Fellow very light sleeper here. I always travel with a white noise machine and ear plugs. Don't know if that would be helpful for you or not, but thought I'd mention it. I've stayed at Park Vue Inn and Candy Cane Inn, and both have been fine. I think Candy Cane Inn might be slightly quieter, but being a light sleeper is difficult (even at home for me). I hope you have a wonderful time on your visit!

We just stayed at the Tropicana, we were far back and noise was not an issue at all. I am a very light sleeper. The only thing I would suggest is bring your own towels. To say their towels.are exfoliating is an understatement.

We just stayed at the Tropicana, we were far back and noise was not an issue at all. I am a very light sleeper. The only thing I would suggest is bring your own towels. To say their towels.are exfoliating is an understatement.
I was considering the Tropicana but everyone says that there is no daily housekeeping and as we are staying 7 nights I feel that might be a bit of a deal breaker for us. How was your stay?

Our stay was great. We don’t need or want daily housecleaning so that was not a big deal. I think they came on the 3rd or 4th day of our 7 day stay and that was fine. We had no issues anf the bed and pillows were comfy. Just bring your own towels, seriously, I.cannot stress that enough.

Our stay was great. We don’t need or want daily housecleaning so that was not a big deal. I think they came on the 3rd or 4th day of our 7 day stay and that was fine. We had no issues anf the bed and pillows were comfy. Just bring your own towels, seriously, I.cannot stress that enough.
Thanks for the tips and input.

I have stayed in the back of Park Vue and as others have mentioned, I found it very quiet. However, there is no elevator so that might be an issue for you.

I have stayed in the back of Park Vue and as others have mentioned, I found it very quiet. However, there is no elevator so that might be an issue for you.

Another person who can attest to no noise issues at BWPPI if you ask for a quiet room (pretty sure I added that in my reservation booking, and was placed at the very back of the hotel at the end (east side)...a bit of a trek but worth it as no one went by my room). I do sleep with a noise machine and ear plugs as I recommend for any light sleeper! The rooms just face the parking lot so as long you're on the end, no one will be going by you at night and there isn't any car noise.

Another person who can attest to no noise issues at BWPPI if you ask for a quiet room (pretty sure I added that in my reservation booking, and was placed at the very back of the hotel at the end (east side)...a bit of a trek but worth it as no one went by my room). I do sleep with a noise machine and ear plugs as I recommend for any light sleeper! The rooms just face the parking lot so as long you're on the end, no one will be going by you at night and there isn't any car noise.
Agreed! We had a room at BWPPI at the very end, on the top floor. I specifically asked for a quiet top level room (I am sensitive to stomping of feet above me). We didn't have any noise and slept well! I am also a light sleeper and use earplugs every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter