Quiet places to watch Fireworks?

jac1976

Mouseketeer
Do these exist at all?

Ever since returning from his last deployment, my husband is unable to tolerate the explosion sounds that are made during fireworks displays (which we learned the hard way during our last trip to WDW.) I was just wondering if there is a way we could enjoy the fireworks without the sound.

Thanks!

Well, assuming you're talking about Wishes, yes, the Poly or Grand Floridian beaches offer nice views and no explosive sounds.

I agree with the others. I've found at Poly, you can also sit on the outside Trader Sam's patio to see the fireworks and they pipe the music in. I've also stood at the marina in Poly (less crowds, can still hear the music from Trader Sam's) and on luau beach (less crowds but no music). GF also has good spots.

I don't remember there being much in the way of explosive noises watching the fireworks from Ohana. Just loud diners. :D

You can still hear the booms from the Poly, I would recommend earplugs or noise cancelling headphones to be on the safe side

As others have mentioned, Polly or Grand Flo are great spots. Also, you can go to the Contemp/Bay Lake Tower bridge and watch them there. I've never been on top of the Contemp, but have been on the top of Bay Lake (DVC only) and its nice there.

If you don't mind spending some money, you can take the pirates and pals cruise from the contempt. There is a dessert party beforehand and then you take a boat to the center of the lake and they pipe in the music too.

If you want to watch illuminations from a distance, you can go to the bridge between the Boardwalk and the Beach Club.

Please thank your husband for his service!!

I think the previous posters have given great advice for locations and also the use of ear plugs/headphones as extra help. Please thank your husband for his service and hope you have a great trip!

You could also try the boat launch at the TTC. Great view. You can still hear it some, but not as loud as at MK. Add a set of earphones and he won't hear anything...even better idea...what about preloading your phone with some kind of Disney music and he can listen to that while watching fireworks from the TTC or Poly beach?

The TTC (near the ferry dock) is also a good viewing spot with the music piped in, but I can't remember how loud the fireworks were, so earplugs might be good there too. And if you're parked in the MK lot, you're way ahead of the crowds leaving after Wishes!

You can still hear the booms from the Poly, I would recommend earplugs or noise cancelling headphones to be on the safe side
Noise cancelling headphones don't work for fireworks. You want something that muffles the noise. There's a tremendous difference between the two.

I would think that the earmuffs you use at shooting ranges would be ideal for this. I know when I'm wearing them, I can't hear anything at all.

I didn't know they didn't cancel the noise.
Noise-cancelling headphones detect ambient noise (chatter, engine noise, etc.) and they create a sound wave that is 180 degrees out of phase with the ambient noise, cancelling the noise out. They don't work for sudden sounds, such as fireworks.

Noise-cancelling headphones detect ambient noise (chatter, engine noise, etc.) and they create a sound wave that is 180 degrees out of phase with the ambient noise, cancelling the noise out. They don't work for sudden sounds, such as fireworks.
thanks, I had no idea how they worked, I thought they just cancelled all noise, good to know

Having been to Disney with a veteran who also reacted terribly to fireworks noise, I agree with @yulilin3 You can still hear the booms of the fireworks from the hotels near the MK. I don't think these are good suggestions.
I agree it is way quieter than being in the MK, may be still too loud for someone sensitive to the booms

Most of the shows you can hear from rather far off property and still call them loud.. I'm not really sure your going to find a perfect spot to watch any of them and not sure there is a resort to escape them except to say get inside somewhere with a closed door...

I would recommend some type of good ear protection. It'll ruin hearing the music that goes with it but will let you see them or escape the noise if needed.

You can see Illuminations from inside Tokyo Dining - ask for a window seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter