• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quirky Cats

Our cats, Spaetzle and Kluski, have to lay on anything new we put down in a room, from blankets, bags, paper, boxes, you name it. We started calling this behavior "cat paper" after I put down a piece of paper on the table and Spaetzle curled up on it immediately claiming it as his own. Just today I rolled up a rug to clean carpets and both cats layed in and then on the rolled up rug. Now whenever they lay on something funny we yell "cat paper"!
I think this is pretty common cat behavior but I love it!

Oh, mine is pretty insane. She paws at the window every time I come home (it's adorable). She "hunts" the same feather toy on a stick every night, and drags it to the bed or as far as she can manage. I put it back where it was every day. She has no tail, so he's pretty clumsy for a cat and will sometimes miss a jump, much to her embarrassment.
My cats are camping with me this summer. I built this for them.

Attachments

• D16CDBFF-02E1-4E96-807E-DEA0B70C5D13.jpeg
    D16CDBFF-02E1-4E96-807E-DEA0B70C5D13.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 25
Our big guy Hootie was a suitcase fiend.Anytime we would pack to go on a trip,there he'd be on top.One day we couldn't for the life of us find him anywhere.Then we checked my husband's suitcase that was unzipped.Lift the top and there he was.

Our cats do that also. I swear they KNOW when we're going on vacation.

FYI, the running water thing is breed-specific; there are are some breeds that prefer it. We have a recycling cat fountain in the kitchen for our cats, so that they won't open the taps for water. (Yep, smart enough to figure out how to do that -- not smart enough to turn the water off when they are done, though!)

Our newest cat, Gingersnap (yes, named after the JC pun) reacted in a really funny way to the water fountain when she was small. She kept sticking her head under the water to try to see what was behind it, but wasn't really thrilled with getting her head wet. We thought it was very ironic that a cat named after a joke in the Jungle Cruise was obsessed with the Back Side of Water. :smokin:

Our big guy Hootie was a suitcase fiend.Anytime we would pack to go on a trip,there he'd be on top.One day we couldn't for the life of us find him anywhere.Then we checked my husband's suitcase that was unzipped.Lift the top and there he was.
Whenever suitcases as well as my packing cubes come out my cat goes and sits on them while you are trying to pack most of the time...so you know you can't really pack stuff and since you can't pack stuff then you can't leave cuz you know cat logic :upsidedow

Mufasa loves avocado and tomatoes. He loves to play in the snow. He licks my daughter's hair. His favorite toy is a fresh ice cube. He is the weirdest cat I've ever known.

We did have a cat (Tink) who would get under the blankets and put her cold paws on bare skin. And one time she snapped the elastic on my underpants while she was under there!

Thistlemae that is very cool! Does the fence keep them in? And they just stay in the area? Can't imagine mine staying put, but she is a scaredy cat.

FYI, the running water thing is breed-specific; there are are some breeds that prefer it. We have a recycling cat fountain in the kitchen for our cats, so that they won't open the taps for water. (Yep, smart enough to figure out how to do that -- not smart enough to turn the water off when they are done, though!)

Our newest cat, Gingersnap (yes, named after the JC pun) reacted in a really funny way to the water fountain when she was small. She kept sticking her head under the water to try to see what was behind it, but wasn't really thrilled with getting her head wet. We thought it was very ironic that a cat named after a joke in the Jungle Cruise was obsessed with the Back Side of Water. :smokin:

The idea of the running water thing being breed specific makes sense, Thanks! Ours is a Maine Coon, the first Maine Coon we've had, hence the first to do the water from the tap.
BTW, I LOVE your cat's name, Gingersnap. And DH thought he was being original naming ours "Butch" from "Lady and the Tramp" at the spaghetti restaurant. Boy, next time we'll ask you-you came up with a real sweet name.

Our cats do that also. I swear they KNOW when we're going on vacation.
My cats do the same thing, as soon as I pack they are either inside or on top of the suitcase. They hate it when I leave. Sometimes they snub me for a few days when I get back. They also lay on bags, newspapers, my motorcycle cover, whatever I bring into the house that's new and somewhat soft. They love laying in the polar soda boxes, even if they're too small.

Thistlemae that is very cool! Does the fence keep them in? And they just stay in the area? Can't imagine mine staying put, but she is a scaredy cat.
I get that all the time from fellow campers. They say, "My cats would never stay inside the fencing." It's flexible fencing, nothing they could hold onto. It's too high to jump over and I have it anchored so they can't dig underneath. They love it, makes them feel safe in their territory. They can go in and out because I put a cat door in the screen and a ramp for them to walk down. If it wasn't for the fencing I wouldn't be able to camp, now I can, so I'm a seasonal camper. When I go home in October, we will be in our winter home, until I find a campground in Florida where we can winter. So far, that is our plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter