R: 4 More Recipes from Boma's

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
I just got these from the culinary department:
Shraak
Cocomisu
Hummus
Pumpkin Cheesecake

SHRAAK - Cracker bowls. I was hoping to make these, but I don't have a pasta machine - at least I guess you can use this for a 'sheeter'.

Ingredients:
21 oz Bread Flour 5 1/4 cup
½ tsp Salt
10 oz Warm Water 1 1/4 cup

Method:
Mix into one dough ball, wrap in plastic, and let rest for a day.
Roll through sheeter, very thin liked a thick piece of paper.
Cut into 3-inch rounds.
Bake in a 425o oven for about 8 minutes until puffed up and light brown.

COCOMISU (COCONUT TIRAMISU) - In addition to needing to find those gelatin sheets, this one calls for Coco Lopez. Anyone know what this is??
Yield: 15 servings

Ingredients:
Syrup
8 oz Sugar 1 cup
16 oz Water 2 cups
10 oz Coconut Puree 1 1/4 cup
8 oz Kahlua Liquor 1 cup

30 pieces Ladyfingers
3 lb Mascarpone Cheese
1 lb Powdered Sugar 3 1/2 cups
8 Egg Yolks
7 sheets Gelatin
10 oz Coconut Puree 1 1/4 cup
½ can Coco Lopez
1 qt Heavy Cream
1 cup Toasted Coconut

Method:
1. Make syrup by boiling water and sugar in a saucepot. Once it boils, remove from flame and transfer into another container. Mix with coconut puree and Kahlua.
2. Soak each ladyfinger while syrup is still warm and set aside on a sheet pan.
3. Soak gelatin leaves in cold water until soft. Remove excess water, then place gelatin in coconut puree in a small bowl. Place over a hot bath to dissolve the gelatin. Set aside.
4. In the mixer, whip mascarpone cheese with powder sugar. Add yolks, Coco Lopez and heavy cream. Whip until thick.
5. Temper some of this mixture in the gelatin and put it back with the rest of the filling.
6. Continue to whip until mixture has doubled. Be careful not to over whip and curdle the cheese.
7. Place soaked ladyfingers on the bottom of desired deep dish, about 4 inches deep. Ladle about an inch and a half of the filling.
8. Place another layer of ladyfingers, then ladle another layer of filling.
9. Smooth the top with a spatula, and then sprinkle the top with toasted coconut.

HUMMUS - Unfortunately, their sun-dried tomato hummus is bought. I'm guessing that a robot coupe is a blender????
Yield: 20 servings

Ingredients:
32 oz Chickpeas, canned, drained, and rinsed
5 Tbl Tahini, mix well
2 Tbl Garlic, roasted
10 each Lemons, juiced
1 tsp Garlic, fresh
Salt and Pepper

Method:
Place chickpeas in robot coupe. Puree. Add tahini, both garlics, and half the lemon juice. Mix. Adjust lemon juice and finish with salt and pepper.

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
Yield: 1 9” cheesecake

Ingredients:

1 2/3 lb Cream Cheese 2 2/3 pkg
5/8 tsp Coriander
5 oz Sugar 5/8 cup
5/8 tsp Ginger
3 each Eggs
1 ½ oz Heavy Cream 3 Tbl
1 tsp Orange Zest
1 ½ oz Sour Cream 3 Tbl
1 tsp Lemon Zest
5/8 lb Pumpkin Puree 1 1/4 cup
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
4 Tbl Bourbon Whiskey
¼ tsp Nutmeg
5/8 tsp Cloves
5/8 tsp Anise Seed

Crust
½ lb Graham Cracker Crumbs
4 oz Melted Butter 1/2 cup
2 oz Sugar 1/4 cup

Topping
¼ oz Black Sesame Seeds 2 1/2 tsp
4 oz Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
1 oz Sugar 2 Tbl

Method:
Prepare graham cracker crust by mixing graham cracker crumbs, melted, butter, and sugar in a bowl. Sprinkle into the bottom of the round flexipan mold. Set aside.

Prepare cheesecake mix by creaming sugar, zests, and cream cheese. Add all the spices, then the rest of the ingredients, while constantly scraping to make sure there are no lumps.

Pour the cheesecake mix in the pan all the way to the top.

Set the flexipan mold on a sheet pan and bake in a hot water bath at 275 for about an hour.

Place in freezer to cool, and then unmold.

Sprinkle black sesame seeds on a sheet pan and bake at 350 until golden brown. Whip heavy cream with sugar until stiff peaks. Pipe small dollops of whipped cream on cheesecake. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

These sound great, especially the Cocomisu! :smooth:

Thank you! I was going to email a request fo rthe cocomisu! Does anyone know where to find coconut puree?

Coco Lopez is the stuff the sell for making Pina Coladas. It comes in a can.

Thanks for posting these recipes. Do we now have their entire menu? LOL

I think we missed Passion Fruit Tarts, several soups, a couple of salads & some kind of quiche-like dish with corned beef. Oh - and the apple sausage!
;)

Re: Coconut puree - Gee, I was planning a throwing some fresh coconut in the blender with some of the coconut milk. Do you think you can buy it?

Beth - Thanks for the info about the Coco Lopez. Can you tell there is a whole section of the grocery store that I zip right by????
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter