R: Looking for hot spiced tea.

chessie

DIS Veteran
I am looking for the hot spiced tea recipe that calls for instant tea and Tang. (powdered orange drink) There were other spices like cinnamon and cloves but I don't remember the proportions.

Thanks, Chessie

From Once a Month Cooking

Orange Spiced Tea

2 cups powdered orange drink mix
3/4 cup instant tea mix
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 2-quart pkg presweetened dry lemonade mix

Two serve, put 2 heaping teaspoons of mixture in 8oz hot water or 10oz cold water.

I'm guessing that the lemonade mix should <i>make</I> 2 quarts of lemonade when it's mixed (i.e., a regular Kool Aid package) and not be 2 quarts of the dry mix.

Thanks Kermit,

That was quick. I knew this was the place to start my search.

My plan is to use it for a hostess gift this holiday season and present it in a pretty mug.

Chessie

Chessie-

Here's a slight variation of the same recipe. My book calls it "Friendship Tea" which I think makes a great name if you are using it for a gift. (I did several of these up one year for Christmas as teacher gifts, hostess gifts etc...)

Friendship Tea Mix

1 1/4 cups instant tea powder
1/2 cup lemonade-flavored drink mix
1/2 cup orange-flavored drink mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup red cinnamon candies

In a medium container combine instant tea, lemonade drink mix, orange drink mix, cinnamon, cloves and cinnamon candies. Mix well. Store mixture in airtight container. For each serving combine 1 Tablespoon mix with 1 cup boiling water. Mix well, serve immediately.

Good Luck!
Candi

do a recipe search for wassail. That's what I've always seen it called in books and magazines. I'll post my recipe as soon as I can find it ;)

Cheryl :bounce:

I like the addition of the cinnamon candies. Are we talking about the tiny little red hots?

That's a really neat gift idea - the cider mix in a mug. Wrapped up in pretty cellophane with a nice ribbon I bet it would look really pretty.

I must've jinxed myself. Yesterday, I developed a sore throat and all I wanted to drink was wassail! LOL

Here's my recipe:

1 Large jar of Tang
3/4 cup Instant Tea with Lemon
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

(This is the dry mixture and can be kept dry and fresh for months as long as it's well sealed away from moisture)

Make your gift tag read:

In large sauce pan bring:
8 oz pineapple juice
8 oz apple cider
8 oz water
5 TBS of dry mixture
to a slow boil.

You can decorate the handles of the jars with cinnamon sticks.

Cheryl

:bounce: :bounce:

Yes! It's the little red hot cinnamon candies...they kind of melt into the tea when you mix it all up.

Candi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter