" r"rrated at PI?

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
neither my husband nor I care for R rated material but were thinking of going to PI for the adventures club, comedy club and jazz club early in the night. ( as soon as it opens) what are the shows like there? if we are not going to like it and want to leave we would rather make other plans for the evening. Is anything "suitable for kids" there("pg") since that would be more like what we would enjoy rather than "adult" entertainment

It is really geared towards adults. You must be 18 to enter unless accompanied by an adult. R rated, no. This is a nice description of it.

http://wdwig.com/faq_pi.htm

The opinion of a lot of people is: if you would bring your kids to a nightclub or bar at home, then you won't mind bringing them here.

Personally, I would not bring my kids there.

I wasn't planning on bringing kids, I just trying to use an example as far as the material goes.

thanks, the site was helpful

I've only seen Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse, but those two between them are well worth the price of admission! These two clubs are hilarious but in more of a adult-oriented "PG-13" way than "R" rated, in that there is no foul language or skin or anything like that, but in AC there are almost continuous double entendres and sexual references, and a certain amount of that in Comedy Warehouse as well.

They do a very funny disclaimer to the audience at the Comedy Warehouse before asking for improv suggestions. It basically goes something like this "When giving suggestions, please remember that this is the "Magic Kingdom" (they then play a "pixie dust" sound effect). As such there are certain normal human behaviors that just DO NOT EXIST THERE!"

The other posters are correct. You'll hear a number of double meaning jokes, but the closest thing we heard to "bad language" was a operatic chorus whose lyric was "Mickey Mouse has no butt!" (It was the routine where they take several suggested lyrical lines and then mix them up.)

Jann1033,

Because you said that you and your husband were going to PI as soon as it opened, you'll have absolutely no problem. In fact, the cast members know perfectly well that children are in the audience or participating and won't do much beyond a "PG" rating.

As the evening progresses towards the midnight hour and afterwards, the humor then goes from PG13 to a mild R (rarely).

Sure, I know that there could very well be exceptions, but that's been my experience.

I think you'll really enjoy AC and CW. Have a terrific time!

If you haven't already seen this link for the Adventurer's Club, it's worth checking out:

http://wdwig.com/faq_adv.htm

As previously stated, if you're going early, I doubt you would see or hear anything that you would rather not. The AC is a "must" for us every time we visit, and we don't care for any humor which is perceived to be "raunchy", either.

Since you are able to come-and-go as you wish, you could wander out if it was not to your liking.

But if you have a good sense of humor, you owe it to yourself to at least check this out. Great fun !!

thanks, I read the stuff at that link and it sounds enjoyable. I'll have to see what I think when we get there!

From my personal experience of both- I'd be more likely to take an older child into the comedy club than Adv. Club. Purely personal opinion.... the comedy club seemed more "tame" to me than the adv. club- since people are roaming about and are drinking (drinking at both- but at the comedy club they are seated so you don't get to see their drunkenness if they are drunk LOL) -plus there seemed to be more "sexual innuendo" at the adv. club than the comedy club.
That's my opinion. :)
(I know you aren't taking a child- just saying that in reference to the rated R vs. PG13 aspect of them)

thanks. we'll have to mull this over, not like we still don't have time to do so!

I can only speak for myself but when I am at the Adventurers Club I do not censor my language for kids. I figure if their parents bring them to a bar and they get an advanced education, that is not my fault.

Cast Members can tone things down sometimes but you can not dictate what the audience will say. I personally think sex is a great, healthy thing and any chance I get to extole its virtues or that of the male member, I usually do.

I don't consider myself crude but if your child does not know the clinical name for the male genitalia, sit by me and they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter