Rack Rate? Oh no!

ELMC

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are DVC members but for our upcoming trip we're looking at staying at the Beach Club resort. I have a few questions because I'm used to staying at DVC and not the hotels.

There is a 30% off discount for the dates of our stay (late September), but they tell me that there are no more rooms available at that rate. Currently we have a reservation at rack rate, and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get a discount (Annual Pass, special offer, free dining, whatever) added to the reservation. What do people typically do in cases like these? Is it the norm to pay rack rates? Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks for your help!

There's a limited number of rooms available for any discount, plus you're looking to stay at an Epcot resort during F&W. You can keep trying since there could be cancellations, but there isn't an absolute, guaranteed way to get a discount.

Hi all,

We are DVC members but for our upcoming trip we're looking at staying at the Beach Club resort. I have a few questions because I'm used to staying at DVC and not the hotels.

There is a 30% off discount for the dates of our stay (late September), but they tell me that there are no more rooms available at that rate. Currently we have a reservation at rack rate, and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get a discount (Annual Pass, special offer, free dining, whatever) added to the reservation. What do people typically do in cases like these? Is it the norm to pay rack rates? Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks for your help!

Have you contacted DVC to see if there is a member rate for a villa (25% off)?

Have you contacted DVC to see if there is a member rate for a villa (25% off)?

That's a good idea, but we want to stay in a lagoon view room and not at the villas. We spend a decent amount of time in the room and I don't particularly care for the views in the DVC section at BC.

On the Disney website you can check the Special Offers under the "Places to Stay" tab to see if you qualify for any of the offers. As siskaren said, only a limited number of rooms are available for any special and since the free dining and public room discount offers have been out for a while, all the rooms could already be booked. You can check the AP page (I don't know if AP discounts for that time frame are out), AAA, travel agents might have specials through their agencies, and third party sites such as orbitz and travelocity. You could also check availability at Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn or play around with the dates. If you expand your options, you might find something.

Check third party sites too like Orbitz. I've gotten rooms cheaper through them when you stack their promo codes with Disney's current offers on the Orbitz site.

have you checked with the Swan/Dolphin? They may still have some discounted rooms and are a grey place to stay for F&W.

The Views here are bookable so you can be guaranteed an Epcot fireworks view with a balcony, if that is of interest to you.

Swan/Dolphin hotels aren't technically Disney resorts, but we love staying here. Comfortable rooms, great location, great beds!

Hi all,

Thanks for your help!

Lots of good ideas, but yeah, if the discounted rooms run out, then you pay rack rate. Same for free dining rooms. Sure, people pay rack rates all of the time :)

Did you look at Yacht Club? When we went to book there was limited availability and higher rates at BC than YC.

I would focus on looking at other resorts and other websites as well as BC, and if you see a better rate, book it and cancel the original reservation. I have had good luck checking late in the evening and early in the morning. Also, call as well as looking online. There have been a few times where the online availability was different than the phone CM's could see.

I did pay rack at BC once, because I really wanted that resort for a particular trip. But most of the time you have to be willing to compromise to get the best rate.

Have you checked YC? If you want a lake view, I would guess you like a balcony to sit on and there are a lot of standing room only balconies at BC.

Call Disney and ask if they have any AAA room only rates available. It's usually not much (15%?) but it's something.

If nothing pops up in near future, check back at 60 and 45 days out from your trip... once final plans and money come due, a lot of rooms suddenly come back into inventory. We did that last trip - had booked a more expensive category but was ale to move down to standard view and save $500.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess what I learned is that nothing is definite. I will continue to check the website (and call) for both BC and YC (Stormalong Bay is the reason we want to stay there) and see if I can't get a better deal. Thanks, everybody! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter