Radical change of plan re ET rate and APH rate.

ear_poppin

<font color=purple>DVC since Jan 2004<br><font col
Inspired by threads indicating APH rates were lower than ET rates I have done the following:

RPR Feb 3rd initially booked at $ 119 ET rate. NOW changed to HRH Feb 3rd $ 119 APH rate....so I go to the HRH (APH) for the same rate as the RPR ( ET )rate.

HRH October 19th and 20th. I initially got ET rate at $162 however the APH rate came out at $ 167!!! I tried the PBH and that was $ 188 APH rate ( no ET rate showing when I checked by phone). I decided to change for 3 nights at the PBH and cancelled HRH.

October 29th and 30th. I initially got the ET rate of $168 at RPR ( as it is a weekend) I tried the APH rates and it came out $146! So I booked three nights at the better rate and cancelled the 2 nights ( still over the weekend).

It seems that the APH rates were consistent apart from the HRH which were showing either no APH rates or expensive APH rates.

I am pleased with the rates I have as it means I will try all three this year.

The APH rates were obtained through the www.loewshotels.com website as that made it easy to type in the different dates. ( it took me quite a while to work out the different dates.)

I booked them all on line as fresh reservations and then phoned and cancelled the existing reservations otherwise it would have been too complicated to juggle them on the phone especially as I tweaked around with a few of the dates as well!

:crazy:

Ooh I should have mentioned that the rooms are the cheapest rooms ( if you can call them that!) that the hotel's offer....no water views etc.

Looks like I'm not the only one putting in a lot of effort planning a US vacation! I'm definitely putting my feet up and having people (family members;) ) wait on me when we get there! When I look back at the end last April after finding US online while trying to figure out something different to do for our July vacation. And I remember being amazed at hearing about fotl the first time! And booking through that Universal Vacations plan because it was easier to have someone else do all the flight/hotel/etc. details. HA! Here it is, only January, and I've researched and re-researched all the different rates.........then reading on here that someone got a better rate with something else. Sooooooo, I chase down another lead. So far, every lead takes me to a little bit better rpr price! Sheesh, all of this planning and I haven't even started checking out the airfare pricing yet! You all make it a lot more fun planning for US! Thanks for all of your advice and opinions:wave:

Eclpz314 & ear_poppin - I know what you mean! I've been reserving and changing reservations for 3 upcoming trips - March, August, and October - as the new rates come out.

I must admit, though, I find this part of the fun of planning the trips! I only worry I'll lose track of one of the reservations and end up paying for a night. Then all my work for lower prices will be for naught!!

:eek:

I only worry I'll lose track of one of the reservations and end up paying for a night.

LOL - I had three reservations to cancel and then four to rebook. Ive printed them all off and marked in red pen those cancelled etc!

Ive then checked and rechecked as I had made a mistake by booking two nights instead of three...so I had to book up another night.

Universal make it easy to fiddle around with reservations as there is no penalty 5 days out and the website e mails so fast with the reservation confirmation.

I'll be keeping my eye on them though...you never know!

I've decided to go with the AP for our July vacation. Gee, now the only "problem" will be the temptation to schedule more trips within that time frame!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter