Raglan Road Irish Pub

We've only been for brunch and the food is OK. About the same or not quite as good as pretty much any Irish or English pub where I live, chain or independent (the independents are usually better, the chains about the same). We haven't been there for dinner yet (that's upcoming) so I hope that we'll be there for the dancing and that the dinner menu is good.

The entertainment on the patio during the afternoons always has my toes tapping. Never eaten there during the evenings but they always have an nice sized and happy sounding crowd. The food is quite good and at least as authentic as the Irish American bars of my growing up in the Bronx days minus the sawdust, constant smell of stale beer, cabbage and corned beef. Bet they don't do green beer on St. Patrick's Day either;).

Go! You'll have fun:).

Raglan Road is a favorite of ours. They can do gluten free fish and chips along with gluten free onion rings. We have never found GF fried fish or onion rings anywhere else.

Due to scheduling issues, we ate a Cooke’s of Dublin (Raglan’s counter service) for the first time and we were quite happy. Although they could not make the GF onion rings of allergy friendly chicken that day, they did have the GF fish and gave my DS an extra basket of chips for his wait. They also had large cookies and 2 of the 4 flavors were GF.

Raglan Road is one of our absolute favorite Disney restaurants and we make a point to go at least once during each trip. We also will eat at Cooke's of Dublin (the Raglan Road quick service) outside or get a drink at the Hole in the Wall bar outside next to Cooke's, which is around the side of the entrance to Raglan Road. It's our favorite place to grab a drink, sit, relax and people watch.
We ate there in May of this year and have another ADR for September, that's how much we like it!

BUT, I need to note, that this is the loudest restaurant that I think we have ever visited. It makes Chef Mickey's look like a funeral. ....
This made me laugh out loud! I agree it is definitely loud at times, but a way more fun and pleasant atmosphere than CM any day!

Raglan Road is a favorite of ours. They can do gluten free fish and chips along with gluten free onion rings. We have never found GF fried fish or onion rings anywhere else.

Due to scheduling issues, we ate a Cooke’s of Dublin (Raglan’s counter service) for the first time and we were quite happy. Although they could not make the GF onion rings of allergy friendly chicken that day, they did have the GF fish and gave my DS an extra basket of chips for his wait. They also had large cookies and 2 of the 4 flavors were GF.
I'm also gluten free and always get the fish and onion rings. They are so good my gluten-eating family tries to steal my onion rings every time! I never eat fried food so it is definitely a treat.

We (my wife and I) absolutely love Raglan Roads for both the food and the entertainment. We have been to Ireland several times and the food is very compatible to the high-end or city pubs. The music is great especially when they bring in the Irish bands.

We have been to one of the Molly McPherson's as it is a local chain around that part of Georgia. I personally think Raglans Road food is slightly better in some parts.

We just went for the first time on our trip last December - for lunch on a Sunday. I don't remember it being uncomfortably loud, but we weren't in the main room. We were all very happy with our food, and I enjoyed the little gift shop, too!

Thanks for all of your comments. I was able to snag a reservation for 7:00 PM. Based on the majority of the responses, I am very much looking forward to this restaurant!
By the way, if you want a different time (and maybe you know this) you can book through Open Table as well as Disney.

By the way, if you want a different time (and maybe you know this) you can book through Open Table as well as Disney.
Yes, but last time we tried to make reservation for Raglan on Open table we were surprised they now require a credit card with a 48 hour cancel policy. Never had that before, so we just did the ADR on MDE because it made more sense.
Wonderful restaurant, a must do every single time for every single trip for many years. Hope you have a magical time!
:goodvibes

Last edited:
OMG, my fav Disney restaurant! The kids up on stage is TO DIE FOR. The food is delicious and the best bread pudding I've ever had in my life. It's so fun and delicious!

My family loves going. We have an ADR in November. It definitely comes out in part because of our deceased grandmother who was an Irishphile that we go in her memory.

We really like Raglan Road. It's a Disneyfied version of an Irish pub (as you would expect), but the food's really good and we like the music/dancing.

Its a REAL IRISH PUB with a lot of people who are on a WDW vacation eating and drinking there. Go during the entertainment!!
Also, it is a loud atmosphere, maybe not suitable for young kids who could be sensitive to that.

There last month and VERY disappointed

Week night, 7:30 reservation, arrived 10 minutes early, waited AN HOUR to be seated and curiously folks that arrived AFTER us got seated b4 .....
(30 minute late for your ressie ... get seated b4 people on time)

When finally seated ... well, we could occasionally see a leg wag on what I presume was a stage we could not see .... general bar noise meant we didn't hear 'show music'. We were seated near the front bar . . .

It appeared the outside entertainment was better!!!!!! And I suspect we may have been seated faster if we'd queued for the <no reservation> line.

The food was disappointing ... enuf said .... neither of us eat more than half.

no return needed for this family . . .

btw I go to a lot of Irish pubs ..having the name O'Keefe and it saddens me to have one disappoint .. SO disappoint

The entertainment is excellent. At the moment it's 'Strings and Things' who are really popular in Ireland. We saw them last year and they were taking requests. Virtually anything I asked for from the Chieftains to the Pogues to the Saw Doctors, they knew and played

we had a reservation for 6 (that is when entertainment starts) and we had a table where they literally were dancing on our table at times. Really good time! two of us had the "braised e beef" and it was lovely!

Sorry it has taken so long to get back with a report. The grades below are JMHO, so please don't take them as anything personal.
Seating Service: A. We arrived 15 minutes early for our 7:00 PM reservation. They were telling those without reservations it would be (90) minutes. We were seated by 6:55 PM.
Entertainment: A. The band and singers were very good and the dancers were just incredible. We had a table just at the end of the "entrance hallway", where it becomes the circular main dining room and could see and hear very well. I took a 2-3 minute video of the dancers and I am still watching it!
Food: B+. Overall, it was very good. I had the Braised Be Beef and my DW had the Serious Steak. My mashed potatoes were just a tad on the dry side, but there was plenty of gravy to fix that. My roasted vegetables were excellent. I also thoroughly enjoyed my Mixed Berry Margarita. My DW, who always leaves restaurants with at least half her meal in a to-go box, actually finished all of her food except my "sample bite". The steak was perfectly cooked (medium) and was very tender.
Service: D-. This is where it all fell down. Our server was absolutely overwhelmed. I watched her very carefully and saw that they had her covering at least nine tables all by herself. Several times we saw three female management personnel just standing and chatting for 5-10 minutes at a time while the wait staff was running around like chickens with their heads cut off. As mentioned above, we were seated at 6:55, the server took our dinner order at 7:10, and we did not receive our food until 8:05. Over an hour to receive two pretty basic entrees with no special orders, apps, etc. is totally unacceptable. I felt really bad for the server and still gave her a 23% tip, but I also went on both Google and Yelp and gave the restaurant the proper reviews. They really need to take a look at their management staff and teach them how to help out the servers when they get that slammed.

I think I would love to try Raglan Road again, but I would only do it if it was mostly empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter