Raglan Road worth the trek to Disney Springs?

jlnten17

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Staying at GF for Wine & Dine HM. We have never been to Raglan Road and only briefly visited Disney Springs one afternoon to eat at The Boathouse while staying at SSR. Shopping is not our thing. Would you travel to DS just for Raglan Road or save it for another trip when we happen to be staying at a DS resort?

Wow. That is a tough question. Raglan Road is a favorite of ours, but not necessarily a "must do" on every trip. I would suggest that you may enjoy RR more when you have some leisure time in DS.

We enjoyed our meal at RR, but we enjoyed walking around and shopping at DS more. I wouldn't make a special trip just to eat there.

If you don't feel like going to RR, then Rose & Crown in Epcot could be a solid trade-off.

Idk... I really enjoy Raglan Road. It's a Disney staple and one of the OG restaurants at Disney Springs. One of my favorite nights was when my sister and I arrived to Disney late at night. We were starving and couldn't find a single restaurant (Staying at Dolphin). We went to Disney Springs and grabbed a beer and something from the late-night menu at RR. There was a singer there playing acoustic versions of popular songs. Such an awesome night.

If you haven't really been to DS and RR and have the time then I'd go. If you're there for 3-4 days and wanna be in the parks, then skip it. If you have an extra few hours or half day to kill, then I'd head to DS. Go and grab a drink at different bars, explore the stores, grab a cupcake at Sprinkles and enjoy a nice meal at RR.

We love RR. But, if you don't care about shopping or walking around DS, I don't think its worth going to DS just for Raglan Road. Thats a lot of travel time just for a restaurant. I would do it another time when you are closer to DS.

It is worth the trip if you have the extra time. It is a must with my daughter. She isn’t going with me on my next trip, so I am skipping it this time.

Staying at GF for Wine & Dine HM. We have never been to Raglan Road and only briefly visited Disney Springs one afternoon to eat at The Boathouse while staying at SSR. Shopping is not our thing. Would you travel to DS just for Raglan Road or save it for another trip when we happen to be staying at a DS resort?
In one word .............................. YES

We go to Raglan Roads everything we are WDW no matter which resort we are staying and what we are there for. For example: my wife and I going down this November for the F&W Festival. We plan are going to Epcot Friday and Sunday that we are there and on Saturday, we are going to AK (since we haven't been since Pandora opened). On that Saturday, AK closes at 8:00 p.m. and on the Sunday, Epcot closes at 9:00 p.m. We are already planning on going to Raglan Roads that Saturday for "after park" drinks and are even thinking about doing it again on Sunday but we are playing Sunday by ear depending on how much enjoy the F&W.

I dislike Springs. But I go to raglan. I like their food (limited bc I’m vegetarian) and I like the dance and music.

I usually hit their weekend brunch, though.

My short answer to this question would be "no, it's definitely not worth the trip".

For a longer explanation, RR is the only WDW restaurant that my DH asked me to not book again, after our third time trying it. I kept trying it, because many people here seem to love it. I was thinking we must be ordering the wrong thing. After ordering several things on the regular menu & 4 different things on the brunch menu, I've come to the conclusion that it simply doesn't compare favorably to good Irish pubs. We have two nearby that have much better food. If you don't have a good Irish restaurant near you, it's worth a try. I can see why that type of food would appeal to people that don't have something better to compare it to. We love our local Irish pubs.

Dh and I ate there for the first time last week and it's somewhere I booked an adr for after reading rave reviews on here. To be honest I found it just OK. The food was fine, the experience was fine but for me it's a one and done and I wouldn't make a special trip to ds just to eat there.

We’ve been going to Raglan Road for years, it’s a favorite among our teenagers, young adults and us older adults too! Good food, a wonderful array of appetizers (Dalkees Duo, Scallop Forest) entrees( Braised Beef, special savory pies, Bangers) and desserts (Dunbrowdis Chocolate KISS and Ger’s Bread & Butter pudding stand out, so delicious). Raglan has stellar entertainment where real bands perform as well as dancers, and they have a good bar and drinks. The atmosphere is fun, we celebrated my son’s 21st there, at his request last year and we always look forward to going back.

The bread pudding alone is worth the trek. Yes - hop a bus and enjoy an afternoon or evening in a very lively atmosphere.

We really loved Raglan Road when we tried it on our last trip. We had to wait 55min past our ADR time to be seated and almost left, but we are sure glad we didn't! Food, service, and entertainment were all terrific, a great way to spend an evening!

(Pssst... and if you're not sure you want to go or think you might change your mind, make your reservation through OpenTable.. no cancellation fee if you change your mind day-of!)

We did not enjoy RR. To be fair we were there for lunch only and that was 2 years ago. We just went to DS and loved Homecomin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter