• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Railroad During parade/fireworks

Trains run opening until closing. Does not stop for fireworks or parades

The train will stop running for a little bit during the parade because the parade has to cross the train tracks over by IaSW. It's not a long closure, but probably somewhere around 20 to 25 minutes (the length of time it takes to get the entire parade past the tracks).

We caught the parade just as it was passing the train station at the end of it's route, and we were able to watch the bulk of the floats pass from the Main Street Train Station while we waited for the train. It was perfect because I wanted the kids we brought to see the parade, but I didn't know if they'd love it, so I didn't spend park time saving our group spots. They had an awesome view from up there! Most rides stay open during the parade and fireworks part of the night, the exceptions are the rides in Fantasyland, which close for the fireworks, and Toontown which always closes early. If you don't care to watch the fireworks show 'properly', try catching a glimpse while riding the Matterhorn, Big Thunder, or Splash Mountain!

The parade doesn't impact very many attractions; the only ones I can think of are the train and Storybook Canal boats (sometimes, not quite sure when it shuts down). As noted, fireworks has a bigger impact. Toontown closes for fireworks (it does not always re-open), as do the attractions close to the castle in Fantasyland (e.g., Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Snow White, etc.). The Mark Twain/Columbia shut down early for F! (if you're going before the show goes dark in January) (Tom Sawyers Island also closes, but it closes at dusk regardless of whether there is a F! or not).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter