Railroad Reopening?

Jess.stw

Mouseketeer
Any rumblings or rumors?

It's my husband's favorite and I was so hoping for a reopen by our september dates... but as the days tick by with no rumors I am losing hope!

Any rumblings or rumors?

It's my husband's favorite and I was so hoping for a reopen by our september dates... but as the days tick by with no rumors I am losing hope!
I haven’t seen a reopening date yet. It seems like forever since we got to ride it. Hopefully Tron gets finished up enough for them to do so!

I'm not too hopeful but it would be great if they could open it before finishing Tron but not too sure if that's even possible since the train would have to be close to an active construction site. My first trip to Disney World was in 2016 for my honeymoon and that was the only time I got to ride the train. Every time we've been back it was closed for some reason and then the Tron construction started and its been closed forever now. Now I will have my 1 year old son and I really want him to be able to ride it on his first trip in December. Very doubtful though.

I heard somewhere (of course this is just hearsay and I have nothing to back it) that the inside of the ride is still needing a ton of work. From the videos that I have been seeing, it looks like they are getting the outside, with the tunnel, done quickly in hopes to have the train running again soon, but of course that is just my own perspective. I too can not wait for the train to open back up and running and would love for it to open before our September trip, but of course that is just a wish on my part.

I think many of us knew we loved the WDWRR,but didn't really realize how special it was and what a huge part of WDW it was until it was gone.

It is going to be quite a Celebration when it returns!

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone?

Haven't seen anything for an opening date.
Certainly won't be until all the outside work on Tron is completed.

The massive delay in being able to reopen it is really making me resent that stupid Tron ride. Was the movie really THAT popular? I have tried to watch it and I fall asleep every time.

The massive delay in being able to reopen it is really making me resent that stupid Tron ride. Was the movie really THAT popular? I have tried to watch it and I fall asleep every time.
I think it will be worth it-the Train Tunnel is going to be so cool!

I don't think the movie was that fantastic (but I did enjoy it), the special effects were just so different than anything else at the time. Legacy was much better.
Its like going back and watching the original Star Wars. What was cutting edge effects then, look kind of hokey today.

I’m not sure that they’re putting Tron into MK due to movie popularity - might be more that it’s so popular in Shanghai, has made a name for itself worldwide, they already had all the design work and engineering done, and they wanted a new thrill ride for MK for the 50th.

I don’t care at all about the movie Tron but can’t wait to ride the ride! I also never watched Pandora but very much enjoy those rides and the land. Also I am looking forward to the train reopening. Also enjoyed that!

I'm really hoping the train is up and running when we go in January! You would think that it's possible, since it's still almost 6 months out🤞🤞🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter