Rain in Late January?

NorthernGrl

Mouseketeer
Next trip is January 24-31st.

We normally head down in September, so we're very experienced at packing our ponchos! I'm just wondering what the likelyhood is of needing them this trip. I've heard we can be swimming one day and need hats and mittens the next!

We were down from January 21-31, 2015 and had zero rain! I forgot the ponchos, but luckily didn't need them!

You will need to be prepared to dress in layers though. Some days were windy and quite cool.

We went Mid January '15. Yes, some days we were swimming and warm in the 80s and a few nights and days it was freezing and we regretted not bringing winter coats to the parks with us (and we came from Chicago, so we are "used" to cold). Luckily it only rained one morning on our last day on our way into chef mickeys and MK and was done by the time we were finished eating because it was MISERABLE. It was so wet and so cold even with ponchos. I always just get disposable ones and keep one for everyone with us. It doesn't take up much room and is good to have even for that one time (though, if its cold, it isn't going to help much to be honest). All our previous trips were September trips, too :)

January is our favorite time of the year. We averaged maybe one rain day during a weekish trip. Problem with January is it can be a really cold rain so you may want a true rain coat to try hard to stay warm and dry. Also thing through shoes....tennis shoe get wet fast. Extra socks and remember that jeans take forever to dry.

We last went during that week in January 2014. It was during a polar vortex. The first day it was hot and gorgeous. Then we got sleet and freezing rain the rest of the week. We took our little girl to dinner at CRT in a winter coat and gloves. I would definitely plan for all weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter