• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rain Rain Go Away

tink71973

Mouseketeer
I am arriving in Anaheim on Saturday and I have 4 day passes and the weather report calls for rain all 4 days I am there, What rides don't operate in the Rain? Will WOC and Fantasmic have to cancel? Thanks every one :goodvibes

We'll be there around the same time as you -- I'm looking at this link

http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Anaheim.html

and it shows cloudy/slight chance of showers for all those days so I don't think it will be too bad. If it keeps the crowds away it'll be fine with me as long as we get a little sunshine during our 4 days.:goodvibes

Thank you, That makes be feel a little better. I guess I wont be breaking in my new flip flops lol

I am arriving in Anaheim on Saturday and I have 4 day passes and the weather report calls for rain all 4 days I am there, What rides don't operate in the Rain? Will WOC and Fantasmic have to cancel? Thanks every one :goodvibes

Where I checked the weather the odds look pretty good. Maybe not perfect but just a little damp.

Generally rain only closes out door rides. Think Teacups of BTMRR. So really not roo much.

Rain won't stop the Fireworks, F! or WoC. But if it comes with strong wind that could stop the shows.

We'll be arriving on Saturday, too. I'll be the one next to you in my rain poncho & umbrella...but I will be wearing my new flip flops no matter what!!!:rotfl: I don't care if there's a foot of snow, I am wearing sandals/flipflops everyday! I'm from the northeast and I'm tired of winter...so there will be no "shoe wearing" in California!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Have a wonderful trip!

UGH! I'll be there Sunday - Fri, and it looks like there will be showers or rain, depending on what website you go to.

I'm pretty bummed :eek: about this, because I always think it should be hot and sunny there! Oh well, we'll make the best of it. I know most of the DL rides are "indoors" so we will be ok.

IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN! :sad2:
I want to wear my new capris and sandals so I am sure the sun will be shining brightly for us.

Seriously.... I have checked numerous forecasts and they are all different. But I refuse to believe what it says on the weather channel site.... rain, rain, rain. Other sites say only rain on some days.... it changes daily so hopefully it will change for the better before we get there on Wednesday. Either way we will have fun but a little sunshine would be nice.

I'm going on Friday and we''ll be there over a week
according to accuweather, it's going to rain on mon and tues. I like that report better than weather.com so I'm sticking with it :)
It's been changing a lot too so hopefully it will change some more in the direction of the rain going away.

We are visiting my grandparents on our first 2 days and they live in the desert. Just talked to grandma and they have SNOW!:scared1:

No!!!! We are forcasted for possible snow where I live now (Seattle area) and I don't want to leave snow only to arrive to snow. SO not fair!:headache:

Everyone will have a great time, no matter what the weather, I promise! :)

It is humorous and interesting, how the weather forecasts can and often do vary greatly from one source to another. In the end... it is ma nature that will determine the days weather. It must be nice to be a meteorologist, for you can be wrong to one degree or another, time and time again, but still be employed.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, haha but....California can be surprisingly cold at night. We had friends from Chicago who were shaking while watching Fantasmic. So just in case, bring stuff to change into. We always dress light during the day with a t-shirt and jeans or shorts but have in our stroller sweaters, jackets to wear over sweaters and if necessary tennis shoes since I also like my flip flops. I just don't want anyone to be miserable. If you bring the right clothes to change into it will make such a difference!

Oh and by the way we are their Sunday through Thursday so I'm also pretty bummed about the forecast. Things change though so we'll just send out our positive vibes to the weather and hope for better!

I like this forecast best:
http://anaheimoc.org/weather_10day/index.asp
But we are preparing for rain and colder times too just in case... we are bringing jackets, gloves, extra socks and shoes, rain ponchos,etc. But I really just want at least one day to wear my sandals and capris :yay: and my son really wants to do the slide at PPH at least once.
We will be there for 7 days so there has to be a sunny day in there somewhere.

On a side note... we are planning on doing the 10 hour hollywood tour one day of our trip. I am trying to decide if it would be a good thing to do on one of the rainier days (if there are any...) We would be in a tour bus for a lot of the time but it does stop here and there and we get off- including 3 hours at Santa Monica Pier or Venice Beach. Any thoughts... should we plan it on a sunny day or would it still be enjoyable on a day with showers?

Well you would have to view everything through wet rained upon, and body heated windows. Unless there is some way that is controlled by the bus. Just one thought off of the top of me head. If the tour is not painfully pricey, I say go for it, if you are really looking forward to it. And spend as much time off of the bus as possible. You might just want to rent a car, or a cab, and go on your own personal tour. Depending upon budget, rent a tour guide too.

Well you would have to view everything through wet rained upon, and body heated windows.\

Hmmm.... I hadn't thought of that. Maybe we should try for a sunnier day for the tour. I chose a tour because it seemed like the easiest and cheapest way to go... about $65 per person and I think a cab and tour guide would cost more than that for 6 people. But I would love that option.

We're going to be there this upcoming weekend too. I just pulled out our gloves and toques to bring. I'm also bringing rain ponchos and spare pants to change into. I am determined to wear my sandals though, even in the rain!

Maybe if I prepare for cold and rain, it won't happen....

We were there last Friday in the rain and I can tell you a few things that weren't operating: Tarzan's treehouse was closed, so were the tea cups. The Jungle Cruise was down for a bit, but reopened. Everything on it was wet, though. And the water just poured down from the holes in the roof right onto us. :( We stopped for a photo op in the teacup outside the Mad Hatter's and one child stepped right into 3" of water. Oops. LOL! We didn't get too far out of Adventureland, so I can't tell you much more. Hope it's nice for you all!

We'll be arriving on Saturday, too. I'll be the one next to you in my rain poncho & umbrella...but I will be wearing my new flip flops no matter what!!!:rotfl: I don't care if there's a foot of snow, I am wearing sandals/flipflops everyday! I'm from the northeast and I'm tired of winter...so there will be no "shoe wearing" in California!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Have a wonderful trip!

Arriving Saturday with flipflops all the way--my toes are manicured and ready to go!!!

I will be there this weekend as well! Here is my perfect scenario: on Saturday and Sunday (busier days), a little light shower that scares away some folks. It clears up by early afternoon to beautiful sun. And a beautifuly sunny day on Monday since it isn't supposed to be that busy anyway. That is my dream!
Fingers crossed! I just got a rock star pedi and I have to wear sandals at least once! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter