Rain...Really?

I couldn't even tell you the last day I saw rain. We could really use it though. Tons of fires around

I had rain Monday, both at work (near Universal) and at home. I agree we could use more right now.

As to the OP, this time of year most rain is still tied to weather fronts passing through the area. How long it rains depends on a couple things, how fast the front is moving and how large the area of disturbed weather is along the front. Sometimes the front moves through very fast and the line of rain is small, so the whole thing is over in less than an hour. Sometimes the swath of rain is big enough to cover the entire peninsula and the front is just creeping along (or worse, stalls out right over us). This can lead to a multi day rain event.

You won’t really get a good handle on it until a day or two before, and even then things can change dramatically. Just take a poncho with you, and if you don’t need it, great!

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't rain on you at all. Don't sweat it, you will be fine. Enjoy!!

Its florida, most times it will be quick shower and then sun will come out, and other times it can drizzle or pour all day BUT like I said its florida there will always be a chance of rain, I fear it too when I check the weather prior to and during our trips not only for the parks, but for our daily swim breaks...
BUT a rainy day at Disney is better than a rainy day at work! lol

I just looked at the Orlando forecast and saw no rain predicted at all for the next 4-5 days.

I just checked the local New 13 app:
Today 29th. 0 percent chance
Friday, 40 percent chance ( that means you may see some rain)
Saturday, 10 percent chance ( that means you probably will not see rain)
Sunday, 10 to 30 percent chance (that means you may see some rain. probably not)
Monday, 10 to 20 percent chance (you probably will not see rain)
Tuesday, 10 percent chance (you probably will not see rain)
Wednesday, 10 percent chance (you probably will not see rain).

Bottom line, there (may be some) rain on Friday, other than that, probably no rain.

I agree completely. When we went last summer we went in with positive thoughts and high hopes. Well the rain definitely wasn’t as good or manageable as people make it out to be on these boards. We were prepared with good quality ponchos, rain coats, umbrellas etc. And yet we were still wet and miserable. We didn’t feel like the rain made the crowds go away all that much. When we were outside we were soaked and when we were inside we were freezing cold from the air conditioner hitting our soaked skin and clothes. Eating lunch was a nightmare, we got our food but couldn’t find anywhere to sit because so many people who weren’t eating were using the tables to hide from the rain. So we had to sit on the floor and eat our lunch on wet cement.

It was so bad that when I plan my next trip my only goal will be to avoid rain. I’ll take crowds or heat over that rain anyday. At least you can swim in the heat! (We couldn’t swim because the pool was closed for lightning in the area).

Two trips ago we went in late October, and one of the reasons we selected that month is because it is towards the lower end in rainfall. Did the same last trip and I think we had maybe a shower or two over the 14 days total we were there. I'd rather stay home and work than spend multiple thousands of dollars to visit Disney and have it rain most of the time I'm there. For me, a rainy day at Disney is NOT better than a rainy day at work. A rainy day at Disney means I'm wet, cold when inside, fairly miserable, and thinking about all the money I spent for that experience.

It stinks when the weather negatively impacts a WDW trip. Be it too cold, too hot, too humid, too wet, etc. And most seasons have the potential for something to go wrong, weather-wise.

I hope it doesn't rain on you (or at least not too much). I'm starting to obsess about the forecast for our trip too. We arrive a week from today!!!!

Two trips ago we went in late October, and one of the reasons we selected that month is because it is towards the lower end in rainfall. Did the same last trip and I think we had maybe a shower or two over the 14 days total we were there. I'd rather stay home and work than spend multiple thousands of dollars to visit Disney and have it rain most of the time I'm there. For me, a rainy day at Disney is NOT better than a rainy day at work. A rainy day at Disney means I'm wet, cold when inside, fairly miserable, and thinking about all the money I spent for that experience.

Yup! I totally agree. Not worth the thousands of dollars.

So agree ! I am a Florida resident and if it’s going to rain half the time I would rather stay home and enjoy relaxing lol not spending money to be at wdw lol I live in a neighborhood much like celebration ( well what that concept was ) and during the spring and summer it feels like we are at a resort just being at home so I definitely would be annoyed with rain .... given that unless it says 90-100 chance I ignore it ... 30, 40 or 50% chance just means they expect some type of rain over that percentage of the area and that’s a large area ..

It stinks when the weather negatively impacts a WDW trip. Be it too cold, too hot, too humid, too wet, etc. And most seasons have the potential for something to go wrong, weather-wise.

I hope it doesn't rain on you (or at least not too much). I'm starting to obsess about the forecast for our trip too. We arrive a week from today!!!!
We do also and only showing at the most 40 % so not overly concerned also because they will change 100 times before next week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter