Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex

TinksThree

DIS Veteran
Last year we ate at T-Rex and my DS (16 now) and DD (14 now) LOVED it. We are returning in June and they have requested T-Rex again but I have had difficulties making reservations online. Before trying to call-in a reservation (as I saw recommended in another thread) at T-Rex I was wondering on any opinions between RC and T-Rex. I was able to get a reservation at RC, which we have not been to before. Should I encourage trying something new in RC or try to get in to T-Rex? While different themes, are they basically the same food and atmosphere wise??

The food is almost identical, just different names. They are both owned by the same company, so the layout is very similar. Just substitute the dinosaurs with jungle animals and rainforest and you've got a good image of the RC.

As for which you should do...I like them both. If you've never been to RC it is definitely worth a visit - your kids will love it.

We went to TRex in Nov 08 and to RFC in Nov 09, and I would pick Trex ANYDAY. DD loved the animals at RFC, but the food was pretty mediocre at best. We liked our meals at Trex much better.

If you want T-Rex I would definitely call direct. I too tried to book online and was only able to get a 3:30 p.m. or a 9:00 p.m. for the night I wanted (late May). I called direct and got a 6:00 p.m. for that same night.

I read that they only "hold" so many slots open for Disney. Don't know if that's true, but you would think it might be, at least based on my experience.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter