Rainforest Room on Magic

DopeyDame

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me about the rainforest room on the magic? Worth the money? I know it doesn't have the awesome-looking outside hot tubs like the newer ships, but does it have hottubs inside?
Thanks!

We did the pricvate Rainforest Room on the Wonder in October. I visited the Rainforest room on the magic, but it was back in 2019 and I can't remember the details any longer but the Wonder kind of matched what I remembered from our visit on the Magic.

It had 3 of the special showers and 5 of the heated loungers. No hot tubs. There were also two steam rooms/saunas. Robes, towels and flip flops were provided, as well as a pitcher of lemon water and a pitcher of regular water.

One thing about the special showers. One was cold, one was kind of temperate, and one was warm. When we first got in there it seemed that none of them were warm: all coooold... we discovered we just needed to wait for the pipes to warm up before the temperate and warm showers warmed up for us.

The steam rooms/saunas also had water hoses (kind of like the ones next to a kitchen sink) to kind of cool you down while you are inside. At first we thought they didn't work. We'd squeeze the handle, but no water was coming out. After a bit, we discovered they had subtle little faucet handles where the hoses connected to the pipe/wall to turn the water on.

it was completely private. Nobody else entered the room the entire time we were in there. No attendants. Not even to replenish the water pitchers. We quickly ran out of the Lemon water, but we just poured the 'regular' water into that pitcher to take advantage of the remainder lemons.

After the first 20 minutes, we thought we might get tired of it before our 1:45 was up, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

Nobody tried to sell us anything, which kind of surprised us. After a short time inside one of our party went out and bought a couple of herbal salt scrubs for us all to try. They left us with a kind of Magic-Band device that allowed us access in and out of the room, in case we needed to use the restroom (none inside).

There were 6 of us, and we did think it was worth the money, but we were all splitting it (We had two cabins for a family trip), so it wasn't so much when we broke it down per person. We all agreed that we preferred the private experience to the 'normal' experience of waiting for people to be done with the loungers before you could claim one.

It was $179 plus 18% auto gratuity. Scrubs were $15 each (if I recall, they also had the 18% auto gratuity). I think we were all in at around $245

I purchased the Rainforest experience this past weekend on the Magic. We were with a very large group and were just looking for some quiet relaxation time away from people. Just like stated above, three showers, two steam rooms, five loungers. We also had the water and lemon (delicious) water. Everything was just like described above. We thought it would be a long time but the time flew by and it was absolute pure relaxation. Highly recommend.

I purchased the Rainforest experience this past weekend on the Magic. We were with a very large group and were just looking for some quiet relaxation time away from people. Just like stated above, three showers, two steam rooms, five loungers. We also had the water and lemon (delicious) water. Everything was just like described above. We thought it would be a long time but the time flew by and it was absolute pure relaxation. Highly recommend.

I'm going to be solo, but as a teacher who has been in person for the past 2 years, honestly the cost (not much more than a massage honestly) is worth it to me for that hour and 45 minutes of privacy!

Do you just go to the spa on arrival to book it?

It was $179 plus 18% auto gratuity. Scrubs were $15 each (if I recall, they also had the 18% auto gratuity). I think we were all in at around $245

Back when you could do the Length of cruise pass, we would bring our own salt scrubs on the ship with us to use in the Steam rooms. Definitely cheaper to bring your own than buying for $15

Do you just go to the spa on arrival to book it?

Yes, it was the first thing we did after the muster drill. We went straight to the spa desk and we were pretty much the first people there, so we had our choice of times to schedule it. We did it first thing the next day, which was a sea day for us. Great way to kick off our first full day on board!

Yes, it was the first thing we did after the muster drill. We went straight to the spa desk and we were pretty much the first people there, so we had our choice of times to schedule it. We did it first thing the next day, which was a sea day for us. Great way to kick off our first full day on board!

Awesome, thanks!

I can't speak specifically to the Magic, one small additional perk on the Dream in October was that we booked it for the first day and they included a free scrub for my daughter and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter