Rainy Cruise

hlizard

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. In just a couple of days my family will be boarding the Dream on a cruise to the Bahamas. We are so excited however the weather is looking like rain the ENTIRE time. What is there to do aboard the ship if we can't dock or do not want to get off the ship because of the rain? There is 6 of us. My parents, my brother (20), myself (18), my sister (15) and brother (9). Thanks for any ideas!

Loads of stuff to do on the Ship and if docking is an issue, the crew are experts at creating new events on board. Your two younger siblings will have a ton of stuff to do in the clubs too. The weather is very funny there. I have often thought they (meteorologists in Bahamas) call for rain all the time, as not to disappoint and winds up a wonderful surprise when it's warm and sunny. You will have a great time.

Rain usually doesn't last long so probably won't be an issue for you. However, the cruise staff does an excellent job of creating activities if things need to change. One of the bedtime days we ever had on the ship was when we were sandwiched between a hurricane and a tropical depression and couldn't dock at Castaway Cay. The staff reprinted the navigators and kept us busy and entertained all day, it was a ton of fun.

I feel you here. It rained the entire day we were at Nassau and half the day at Castaway in early December. We swam with the dolphins in the rain at Blue Lagoon Island anyway, and my six year old and I snorkeled in the chilly water at Castaway. Just put on a hat and keep swimming! Have a great time.

Last December on the Dream we couldn't dock at CC but it turned out to be one of our most favorite days on board. They printed new Navigators in a flash and had TONS of activities for the whole family - and there were 12 of us. It was freakin cold the entire time as well. Made for short Aqua Duck lines. Have fun!

On every tropical vacation I have ever been on, they predicted rain every day. But in reality, the weather was great on all of them! Don't worry so much about the weather forecast. When they predict rain in the tropics, it does not usually mean that it will rain all day. There likely will be rain at some point during the day, but it could be for just 5 minutes, followed by sun. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I completely agree with mitsguy, ours always say rain and there might be a passing shower, but the weather is usually wonderful! Have a great cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter