• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Raise your hand if you are NOT buying the annual pass!!

No, we are passing.

We usually only go one week a year and don't go to the parks every day.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong because if I'm wrong it may change the math, but I don't think the Sorcerer's Pass includes water park access does it? Sometimes I think we spend more time at the water parks than we do in the regular parks.

No, we are passing.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong because if I'm wrong it may change the math, but I don't think the Sorcerer's Pass includes water park access does it? Sometimes I think we spend more time at the water parks than we do in the regular parks.
It does not. Photopass is also an add-on.

Plus Genie+ every time you go, if you want to go that route.

No, we are passing.

No, but you can add it on for $99 for the year…so if you go to the water parks more than twice, the savings can add up..unless there is a yearly water park pass that you buy.

Our hand is in the middle, but not due to any Disney action. Just unsure if we will go enough to justify it. I am almost willing to take the chance to not miss out if they close it again for some unknown length of time. We are going in September and the tickets for that will be 2/3rd the pass cost. If we go again in February which has started to become a pattern for us then it pays off.

I am not salty at Disney for suspending the pass, the parks have been nuts for a while and they were balancing crowds vs COVID and under staffing. They are still slowly reopening some restaurants and shops that have been closed since mid-2020, I would have more frustration with them if Disney had been back to 100% operating a year ago or something but that isn't the case. Stopping APs was clearly thought to be the right decision for more reasons than purely financial.

Doing a spreadsheet analysis through 2026. Trying to decide should I renew my current AP, or stagger getting new AP's. Wild card is the availability in the future. Currently renew is $178 more in the long run, but that doesn't factor in dining/mech discounts for when we'd use out last NE tics or buy MYW tics.

My gut is saying just Renew for less stress. We go a minimum 3 trips (15 nights) a year.

Doing a spreadsheet analysis through 2026. Trying to decide should I renew my current AP, or stagger getting new AP's. Wild card is the availability in the future. Currently renew is $178 more in the long run, but that doesn't factor in dining/mech discounts for when we'd use out last NE tics or buy MYW tics.

My gut is saying just Renew for less stress. We go a minimum 3 trips (15 nights) a year.
I was wondering how many visits most people feel make it worthwhile to get an AP. As in, is it a strictly the cost of tickets vs. cost of AP. I actually think allowing a bit extra value for less stress is a valid approach. Potentially so much in extra saving, ease of making next set of reservations, allowing for spontaneity that close might be good enough.

So is mine - once my phone (and credit card! lol) cools off from buying the AP, its next use will be to find more points to add on somehow more than likely...
Hand down here as well. My credit card is tired of seeing 3 or 5 day admission charges lately. I have made several small trips to visit friends this year so far. Plus, since July 2022 I have probably spent enough $$ on park admission to now own 2 AP's LOL but, YOLO and I am having the best times of my life!! Can't wait to be an Annual Pass holder!!
Cheers all :)

If it's that close, I'd also look at the renewal route. There is very little guarantee regarding how many APs they'll sell and when they'll cut it off. There will likely be a huge wave of buyers 4/13 and again 4/20. I'd be shocked if they haven't reached whatever capacity they're looking at before the end of April. That doesn't mean they won't sell more again in the future, but if they do, it probably won't be open-ended like it was for so many years.

Nope, not us. We have a small direct contract and over the past few years while Disney has been going through its changes we branched out to other parks. We recently have been Universal passholders and plan on getting Dollywood passes as well. Banking and borrowing we will spend a week at Disney every other year with only a few days in the parks.

I was wondering how many visits most people feel make it worthwhile to get an AP. As in, is it a strictly the cost of tickets vs. cost of AP. I actually think allowing a bit extra value for less stress is a valid approach. Potentially so much in extra saving, ease of making next set of reservations, allowing for spontaneity that close might be good enough.
Most folks will say two visits....But if your one visit is two weeks then that is worth it to me...

Raising my hand but only because in addition to our May trip we have a Christmas Week trip booked so the Sorcerer Pass wouldn't work out for us. The IncrediPass is an option but not planning on doing a lot of park days during our holiday trip.

For us we go roughly the same 2 weeks every year(end of August) We also go to the water parks several times. So, for us to take advantage of it we'd have to alternate the time we go in August and my rough math says I'd save $185 a person and that's not worth the difference in crowds going beginning of august to the end of august.

We are not- and sadly letting our current Incredi-pass (we are lowly white card owners) expire on April 15th (after a last minute quick trip to get on Tron!). No plans to return and no points left until Dec 2024 (and our oldest going off to college) so I'm just hoping they are still available to purchase then. Having the announcement of AP's returning eases the sadness of letting them lapse. We had a great run using AP's this past year!

For 2021 and 2022 we were good candidates for APs yet the timing didn’t work out with sales suspension. Now I can’t see paying $1500 per pass since we’re unlikely to do over 2 trips a year and I just bought 7day hopper plus with Memory Maker package for $650 each. Even if we do something like that twice a year it is still less than Incredipass, and our small DVC contract is resale though it still gives us discounts most of the time. I thought we’d be buying or upgrading tickets to APs but paying so much the last few years made us seek better options. It’s all good:flower:

The timing is just off for us. We went twice in the last year (Sept and Jan) and may go again in August (initially thinking Vero Beach/after hours & MM), but we were planning on taking a break after that for awhile. Last Sept we would have been first in line (or virtual queue for hours), but now I'm less certain. If direct flights were easier from OKC for small trips or we < 5-6 hr drive, I would be a definite buyer.

Mine too lol. If they let us upgrade tickets to APs on 4/13 (I will be onsite), then I will be doing it. If not, it might not be worth it until next year or beyond. I'm not keen on spending 5k for my family of 5 to get passes to hold onto for a year just in case they don't sell again.
I don’t think buying a pass you won’t use is cost effective. It would essentially double your cost the next year. Here, the math doesn’t really work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter