Ralph Brennens Jazz kitchen ?

GailT

<font color=blue>I'm ba-ack!!!!<br><font color=mag
Is the food any good here? I want something in DD, any suggestions would be grateful :santa:

We've just gotten food from the Jazz Kitchen Express. The shrimp po-boy and beignets were delicious.

We like to hit the Jazz Kitchen express on the way back to our hotel at night for a bowl of gumbo. It's better than anything I have had in New Orleans. However, I would pass on the biegnets - when we were there last week they tasted like they had in been fried in the same oil as the fish - ew! They tasted nothing like the ones at Cafe Du Monde even though they use their mix.

Hubby and I ate there last October and it was quite good. They had a jazz band playing and it was fun to watch them while having dinner.

We went to the Jazz Kitchen in October and it was CRAZY GOOD!!!! It was delish!!! It cost about $100.00 for our family of 4 and it was totally worth it. YUM YUM I would go back in a heartbeat.

The Jazz Kitchen was the best meal we had while in DL on holidays last Winter, hands down! There were 14 of us and they put us in a private room (wine room it looked like). We had abolutely excellent service, everyone LOVED their meal and we were so glad that we let the waiter talk us into ordering some Chocolate Bread Pudding...it was to die for! You have to order it before dinner so they can make it - one for two people is plenty but I could have eaten one on my own! Dinner was not cheap but nobody in our party minded a bit...the felt is was worth every penny (the wine pushed the price up a bit so it wasn't just food!). :cheer2:

disneydreamerbelle said:
We like to hit the Jazz Kitchen express on the way back to our hotel at night for a bowl of gumbo. It's better than anything I have had in New Orleans. However, I would pass on the biegnets - when we were there last week they tasted like they had in been fried in the same oil as the fish - ew! They tasted nothing like the ones at Cafe Du Monde even though they use their mix.

That's too bad about the beignets. I just had them for the first time last weekend and oh my :thumbsup2 were they good. So good, I didn't feel guilty for a minute from Weight Watchers.

disneydreamerbelle said:

thats exactly what my intentions are ...Im so glad they have the option to get it on your way back from the parks instead of paying a more rediculous price for room service...

On our last trip my husband I ate at the Jazz Kitchen twice and the Jazz Kitchen express three times. Love the beignets. Fortunately for us they never tasted like fish. The service at the Kitchen was excellent. Service at Express is not as good. The ladies bathroom is cool. I understand that the mens bathroom is as well.

We loved it there in May , the chicken cassuolet was incredible! My son got beignets for his birthday and they were excelent! I just thought the music was a bit too loud.

We always eat dinner at Jazz Kitchen because it is so delicious!
The last time we were there, we shared the 1,2,3 Soup Appetizer.

It had a tomato soup (my fav), an onion soup and gumbo. Quite delicious!

[IMG src="http://family.webshots.com/photo/2589791730069283597iBGgtI[/IMG]
View of the upstairs seats.

Sorry, but I had to put in my negative experiences with the Jazz Kitchen. :guilty:

I have eaten here twice this year at different times and neither time have I had what I would call a good meal. And I should preface this by saying that I am an AP holder and I go to DL.....a lot.

The first time was in February. The waitstaff was horrible, taking 15-20 minutes just to come back and take our drink order. By the time our food arrived, an hour later, it was barely warm. Not to mention the tiny portions. Only once did they come and refill our drinks. Needless to say, I left no tip at all for the waitstaff.
Second time was early October. I didn't want to eat here again, but others in my group did, so in we went. Basically a repeat performance. Extremely slow waiters, tiny portions, no refills and the worst....15 minute wait for the bill. The atmosphere of this place is not so great that I want to spend 2 hours dining here, which is exactly what happened both times.
Now I don't mind paying for good food and service, but if I'm paying those kind of prices, I expect to be fed. Not given a large plate with maybe 6 bites on it.
Needless to say, I do not recommend this restaurant to anybody and will never eat here again. There are much better restaurants in DTD than this place.

I'm wondering if there is a difference in service and such between the jazz kitchen for a sit down meal and going to the jk express for pick up...I tend to hear more negativity from those who went for sit down and more positive for those who did express....has anybody had the jambalaya at the jk express??? if so how was it? I dont know if FM in NOS still has it...some people say yes but its not on the menu anymore...I loved that jambalaya there and just wondered how the one at jk compared to FM.....also those who have eaten the gumbo...does it have okra in it??? I totally hate okra with a passion :crazy2:

I have to agree with elwise1966! We too had a terrible experience here as well. Our waiter was soooo slow and it took forever just to get our drinks. When our food finally came, the kids had ordered chicken strips and they were absolutely inedible! Rock hard, bang them on the table and hear the clunk kind of inedible! My meal was okay and DH liked his a lot but when the waiter finally came back, not checking on us once during the meal and no drink refills, he asked how it was and we told him the kids meals were bad. We just wanted our check and get out, hey we are at DL-things to do! He said, "I knew they would not like the chicken strips!" Well, tell us when we ordered them, not after we can't eat them! He came right back and said he had taken the kids meals off the check, seemed nice but then he didn't bring the check!! I left with the kids to look around DTD and finally about a half an hour later, DH finally met up with us saying that was how long it took to pay and that the waiter was really rude at the end. Nope, we will NEVER go back but we hit the express a lot!! Have never had any trouble or attitude there, super nice to us!

Have had great meals at both the Jazz Kitchen and the Express.

Were at the Jazz Kitchen in Augus and the meal was wonderful, but thought that the entertainer was just not what I had hoped for. It was a piano bar guy and he didn't sing much in the way of jazz. Would have preferred a jazz group.

My DH wanto to go here too. Mainly because he realy wants to try craw fish made the southern way. Wath about the New Orleans restraunt? or the Express service at the JK? What dish would be best to order and when should we go.
I dont like deep fat fried (unless its french fries) or real spicy food.

We just are here last week for the first time. We've done the Express for beignets (one of my absolute favorite foods), but hadn't eaten in the restaurant before. No fishy taste in my beignets last week. I want more just thinking about them. :rotfl:

We went to the main restaurant on Sunday night (Oct 29th) and were sorely disappointed. The food was decent as was the music, but the service was quite lacking. The host tried to seat us at a table that hadn't even been cleaned yet, so we stood next to it while the poor bus boy hastily scrubbed it and removed the last of the plates. Our table was the only one in the vicinity to not have a drink menu so I had to ask if they had what I wanted. The server delivered water to everyone and then came back with everyone elses drinks and said they didn't have what I had asked for. She said "there's some water while you decide what you want" and walked away. I had to ask her for a drink menu when she came back because I didn't want to steal one from another table. Not that big of an issue so far, though she only seemed to be serving two tables and it wasn't very busy (it was after 9pm when we got there). Service in general was slow, but we don't usually mind that too terribly much when we are on vacation.

The worst issue was that she got my DH's order incorrect on top of everything else. We chose the Jazz Kitchen specifically for the Blue Crab Blackened Salmon. She repeated it correctly when DH placed the order (it's the only entree with blue crab), but when our food was served she had brought him blackened chicken (obviously no blue crab). DH was about to just eat it anyway (because he didn't want to wait another 20 minutes for his meal) when we decided that the entire reason we even came to this restaurant (and paid over $100 for 4) was for that dish. When we mentioned to her that DH had ordered the salmon, she stated that he had ordered the chicken. We didn't argue with her because she didn't seem to really care anyway, but did say she could get him his entree in about 5 minutes. When it finally arrived DH could tell it was rushed and it wasn't as good as it probably usually is.

So in summation (sorry to be long winded), I would gladly go to the Express, but would probably pass on the restaurant unless the service improves. :)

GhostlyHitchhiker said:
though she only seemed to be serving two tables and it wasn't very busy (it was after 9pm when we got there).

So in summation (sorry to be long winded), I would gladly go to the Express, but would probably pass on the restaurant unless the service improves. :)

you know, that brings up a terrible pattern that Ive been noticing lately...seems as though when you go to a restaurant (anywhere), the busier they are the quicker they are and the slower they are the slower we get service...whats up with that? :confused3

we ate dinner here for the first time last night. There were 4 of us (my wife, myself, 2 year old daughter and 7 year old daughter).

We had reservations for 5 for a balcony seat.

We arrived at 4:30 and tried to get seated early, no problem, but they tried seating us inside. We were told the balcony opened at 5 and we could wait if we wanted. I explained we had 2 hungry kids and inside was a bit formal and asked if they could seat us outside early. They did this with no problem, so far so good.

We have eaten in the original restaurant in New Orleans so we kind of had high expectations.

We had the sampler for an app - which was excellent.

I had the Jambalaya and ,y wife had creole - both were good, not great but good.

We had Creme brulee ( actually my 7 year old had this, her favorite) and my wife and I had the Bananas foster, which was good but not as good as New Orleans.

Overall the experience was excellent, we are glad we came early because we made the 7:00 parade by 20 minutes. Service could have been a bit faster considering when we arrived we were the ones there, but overall it was good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter