Ramada Inn Maingate - BAD

RickNWendy

<font color=red>They'll fight for Disney whenever
Got in late, and over the phone was told I would "have a view of the park in one of the newer rooms" Instead, I was in a 60s era room with creaky floors, a moldy scent, and a view of the parking lot. This was (obviously) one of the old rooms - and I stayed there a grand total of 5 minutes before checking right out and going somewhere else.

I can't speak about the 'newer rooms' but if they are anything like the one I had - I can't see HOW it can be a good beighbor hotel (which to me indicates quality)

sorry, had to share

The only other hotel I've heard horrible things about is the Tropicana (I think that's it...it's right there on Harbor). Did they offer you a better room?

Where did you end up? I'm glad you were able to find a suitable room...we went on vacation once where I was stuck staying in a frightening hotel for one night because everything within 100 miles was booked. Being able to get out is a very good thing!

actually, I went to the tropicana (after a night at the best western) and had no problems (other than it took a while for the room to cool off and the ice machine is in an odd place... ) I had a room that was in view of the park, it is one of the ones behind the overhand where they drape the banners. Given the opportunity, I would stay at the Tropicana again

Really? Im really sorry you had a bad experience with the hotel (Ramada) but I just got back from spending 7 days at the hotel and had the best time! We must have been in the newer section, becasue the room was very clean, no mold or bugs or anything of that sort, the location to Disneyland was awesome, and the view outside of our room was great of DCA. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

We had a horrible experience at the tropicana inn when we went in June. Won't be staying there again! Although I must say that they have a really good coffee shop there.

are we talking about the one by the best western?

What happened to you? (just wondering)

Ricknwendy I was talking about the Tropicana Inn. We went in early June and stayed 2 nights at The Howard Johnson's which was great. Well we decided to stay an extra night and Hojo's couldn't accomodate us so we decided to try the Tropicana Inn since it's so close. Well they did have available rooms so we left the park after closing around 10:00 and checked in. We got up to our room and I had my kids get in their jammies and get ready for bed since it was so late. Well my son get into bed and says "Mommy there's something wet in the bed". So I go over and pull the covers down and look and sure enough there is a wet spot. So I'm praying it's just water or something at this point, but I lean down to smell just to be safe and sure enough it was the unmistakable smell of urine. It was so gross. I got on the phone immediately with the front desk and told them what had happened and they kept telling me that "that's just not possible, but we'll send someone up to put new bedding on". Well finally about 25 minutes later this guy comes up with the bedding and as he starts to pull the bedding off and replace it he keeps giving us this "look". He finally asks "now what time did you guys check in again?" He finally got it changed and gave us another "look" as he was headed out the door. The only thing I can think of is that he thought one of my kids did it, and we were trying to blame it on them or something. So the next morning we checked out and my husbang went into the lobby to pay and mentioned again what had happened. Instead of any kind of apology they in a quite nasty tone said "that just doesn't happen here". Whatever...... Looking back on it we maybe just should have paid and left right away to find another hotel. But at that time of night with two kids, we just didn't want to deal with having to find another hotel. I have several friends who always stay at the Tropicana and have never had a problem. So who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter