• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ran out of food

disneytraceyl

Loving All Things Disney
Just stood in line for 20 minutes at the American pavilion at Epcot to never told they ran out of pretzels and cheese. Really Disney.

Wow that's very surprising! I would have been so annoyed to wait all that time to find out it was for nothing! :sad2:

I would have been annoyed when I realized there other, more delicious treats, so close by! But that's insane, hope you moved right along to Morrocco!

Stuff happens but might've been nice if a CM would have told the people in line "hey we're about out of pretzels." :confused3

Stuff happens but might've been nice if a CM would have told the people in line "hey we're about out of pretzels." :confused3

Stores are weird about that though and I'm sure Disney is the same. We would run out of stuff at Starbucks all the time like soy milk or whole etc due to managements inability to order properly. The on duty leads would write notes for the door so people would have a heads up. Manager called and said it made us look incompetent so try to suggest other products instead of saying we were out. This was before almond milk and coconut so not sure why he thought we could talk someone into tea when they ordered a latte. Some also see shouting at a line as bad service so it is a no win situation.

Stores are weird about that though and I'm sure Disney is the same. We would run out of stuff at Starbucks all the time like soy milk or whole etc due to managements inability to order properly. The on duty leads would write notes for the door so people would have a heads up. Manager called and said it made us look incompetent so try to suggest other products instead of saying we were out. This was before almond milk and coconut so not sure why he thought we could talk someone into tea when they ordered a latte. Some also see shouting at a line as bad service so it is a no win situation.

Living in NYC - the land of "no notes that we are out of X" - the only way a note would make someone look "incompetent" is if there was a spelling error on the note IMHO. I would much rather see a note on the door than waste time waiting in line only to be told "we're out". (This not only applies to Starbucks up here - I have also waited in line at McDonald's for a McFlurry (obviously before my gluten-free days) only to be told "We're out of ice cream - but we've got apple pies 2 for 1!" Yeah...I wanted something COLD.)

We all understand that things happen! (Reminds me I need to call the Kips Bay theatre to see if they ever got the special lanyards in that got delayed by the snowstorm.) But IMHO making people wait in line and then telling them makes the place look more incompetent. But that's probably why I'm not management.

Living in NYC - the land of "no notes that we are out of X" - the only way a note would make someone look "incompetent" is if there was a spelling error on the note IMHO. I would much rather see a note on the door than waste time waiting in line only to be told "we're out". (This not only applies to Starbucks up here - I have also waited in line at McDonald's for a McFlurry (obviously before my gluten-free days) only to be told "We're out of ice cream - but we've got apple pies 2 for 1!" Yeah...I wanted something COLD.)

We all understand that things happen! (Reminds me I need to call the Kips Bay theatre to see if they ever got the special lanyards in that got delayed by the snowstorm.) But IMHO making people wait in line and then telling them makes the place look more incompetent. But that's probably why I'm not management.

The weird thing is I think corporate at Starbucks actually had signs we could print out and it was just the store managers making a fuss over it. Yeah it makes thej look incompetent because they were haha. If the store down the block never runs out of anything but you constantly run out of syrups and soy then yah maybe you are the problem haha.

The weird thing is I think corporate at Starbucks actually had signs we could print out and it was just the store managers making a fuss over it. Yeah it makes thej look incompetent because they were haha. If the store down the block never runs out of anything but you constantly run out of syrups and soy then yah maybe you are the problem haha.

Yeah. It has also confused me up here because when I worked at one in the DC area, if one store in a short radius ran out of something, they'd call around and we'd help out if we had extra. And that involved someone getting in a car and driving somewhere rather than just walking a few blocks. LOL.

Have you ever tried to talk to someone in a quick service line at Disney World? Most would either not hear you or ignore you and just keep talking to their companions. Also, the lack of pretzels and cheese could have been a temporary situation the OP experienced. I would think it unlikely pretzels and cheese were gone from the place for the entire day.

The cart in MK ran out of pretzels on Saturday and we were informed after a 10 minute wait. Yesterday, one of the dining locations in Typhoon Lagoon ran out of pretzels as well. My son wanted a pretzel above all other snacks and it became our running joke. Maybe it was the pretzel supplier who dropped the ball parkwide :)

I've had this happen several times at F&G booths. Always seems to be the one thing they are out of is the one thing on the menu that I'm interested in getting. Sometimes it's a temporary thing and doesn't mean they won't have it again later. Hard to predict when there will be a run on pretzels I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter