• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Random Kid Memories - What Special Event or Thing Do You Remember?

N

nw6675

I wasn't exactly sure how to title it, but basically- ever have some random, long forgotten memory or a deja vu type situation that took you back to your childhood out of the blue?

I was just sitting here and from a FB post suddenly remembered going in the cockpit of a Pan Am flight as a kid and getting my plastic wings during the flight. I think we were going to Japan so around 1981/82.

Anything anyone wants to share?

Well your post about pan am reminded me of when the 747 plane was kind of new, going to see one at the airport. My uncle worked for Pan Am. Anyway, what stands out is the hanger doors had a circle cut out and the bulk of the plane was inside, and part of the tail was sticking outside.

Wish I had a photo of that so I can be sure I actually saw it and didn’t dream it up!

I remember going to the New York's World Fair - not only was the Fair so exciting we took the train for the first time!

Oh, that had to be awesome! That's the first place you could have seen It's A Small World, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, The Carousel of Progress, and the dinosaurs that would be used in the Primeval World diorama on the Disneyland Railroad. How cool!

I remember going to the New York's World Fair - not only was the Fair so exciting we took the train for the first time!

This sparked my memory of riding a train for the first time. We don't really have trains for travel here in Kentucky, but we were in Pennsylvania visiting my step-Grandparents and we took the train into Philadelphia to go shopping. It was the coolest thing.

I have vague memories of the 64-65 NY World’s Fair. My parents said we attended twice, once each year. I do remember the Carousel of Progress. (General Electric’s Progressland). I don’t think we went to Pepsi’s It’s A Small World because there was an extra charge to ride it.

I bought a retro T-shirt of the fair this past summer.

I wrote a paper in college about the Fair, focusing mainly on its president, Robert Moses.

I wasn't exactly sure how to title it, but basically- ever have some random, long forgotten memory or a deja vu type situation that took you back to your childhood out of the blue?

I was just sitting here and from a FB post suddenly remembered going in the cockpit of a Pan Am flight as a kid and getting my plastic wings during the flight. I think we were going to Japan so around 1981/82.

Anything anyone wants to share?
Your post reminded me of being a little girl flying with dad, in my silly frilly dress, and getting plastic wings. I must have been 5-6? I remember looking out the window above the clouds and thinking how beautiful it looked.

Well your post about pan am reminded me of when the 747 plane was kind of new, going to see one at the airport. My uncle worked for Pan Am. Anyway, what stands out is the hanger doors had a circle cut out and the bulk of the plane was inside, and part of the tail was sticking outside.

Wish I had a photo of that so I can be sure I actually saw it and didn’t dream it up!
If you Google you can find several examples of this type of set up. It does look odd!

When I was 6 or 7 my grandparents took me to Toronto, We stayed at the King Edward Hotel where the Beatles were also staying at the same time. I've been told we met George Harrison. All I remember is a tall thin man who talked funny ( little me),

I was in my crib. My window was open. Outside, my parents were hosting a BBQ party. Stag Beatles were climbing up the frame and launching themselves off.

Second earliest memory: singing carols as a tiddler in a neighbour's house with my grandpa on my left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter