random packing question

are you ready

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at the paradise pier hotel in just over a month and had a random question. Would anyone know if we would have access to a vacuum? A friend wants to bring some of those space saver bags to help reduce her luggage but you need a vacuum for them to work obviously. Also just thinking about it now, would that be a concern with the airlines having the vacuum sealed bags in checked baggage?

Haha, that is indeed random!

I bought some of those bags to compress our clothing and they zipped shut like a huge zip lock bag and then you squeezed the extra air out and they stayed compressed, they worked great! I had to, we brought too much crap!! Maybe look into a product like that?

Or I guess you could ask housekeeping for a favor!

TSA didn't care about my consolidated clothing bags that I have checked and has never opened one to poke around.

Maybe she'd get some scrutiny if they were carry on luggage and the scanning guy was curious?

But probably not, as I HOPE they can tell the difference between standard suitcase contents and weapons of mass destruction...

Have fun on your trip!

Google "travel space bags." You roll the air out of them. Container Store sells them.

I've had an issue with the Vacuum Sealed bags in America because you need a specific vacuum hose to use them and housekeeping wasn't allowed to let you use the vacuum cleaner for safety/insurance reasons at 2 separate hotels I stayed at. Then I was stuck with bags to ADD to what was already full (I used them in Europe no problem though so keep them for your International trips) but I would do what everyone else has suggested and do the Container Store bags.
http://www.containerstore.com/s/tra...l-space-bags-by-ziploc/12d?productId=10006747

Thanks for the advice, I will let her know about the container store bags. She did call the hotel directly and they said that Housekeeping would be able to bring us the vacuum, but as was mentioned the possibility is still there of the connections to work together.

I just googled the ziplock travel bags - what a great idea - I am going to get a few of those before our trip - if anything it will keep stuff from shifting around and will certainly free up room for souvenirs!! Thanks for starting this thread and giving me this idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter