Rank the DVC Resorts

I’ll start with where we’ve stayed

1. OKW
2. Aulani
3. VGC
4. Kidani
5. BLT
6. BWV

Really BLT and BWV are about tied. For us the only thing they have going for them is location. Now in order of our interest level to try next.

1. VB
2. CC/BRV
3. SSR
4. Poly
5. RIV
6. GFV
7. HHI
8.BCV

VGC
AU
BC
VGF
BWV
BLT
AK (love this whole list and that's why I chose them!)

The rest, TBD

I look forward to eventual Riviera and Copper Creek stays but I can live without the rest.

Since we are 1 bedroom people we prefer the 2 bathrooms so BLT and AKL Kidani for us with BLT being our favorite as DS is most comfortable there (Don't ask me why as we have a full freezer, but he loves to go down from our room [we always request 5th floor for skybridge easy access] to the 4th floor and fill up the ice bucket lol) and of course easy walk to MK and first off the monorail.

Honorable mention is VGF and Poly as it is a nice boat ride back from MK and when staying at Poly we tend to end up at Pago Pago so we will take advantage of the short walk to TTC as well.

We do not like the maze of doors for the bathroom at BCV although son does of course love Stormalong Bay there and the walk home from Epcot can't be beat.

1. Boardwalk
2. Beach Club
3. AKL
4. Poly
5. Wilderness Lodge
6. Grand Floridian
7. Riviera
8. Bay Lake
9. OKW
10. SSR

Top 4, in order (&Yes, these are the 4 we own, and that's why we own them) :)
1. Beach Club
2. Boardwalk
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Saratoga Springs

We have also stayed at HHI & OKW
I might want to try POLY, or RIV (just for a weekend, in a Tower Studio),
& if we ever go around the holidays, then BRV might be nice - -
Not really interested in BLT or VGF

Last edited:
Will rank where I stayed

1- BCV
2- BWV
3- BLT

Love the crescent lake area.

Will stay Polynesian, and BRV over the next month.

These posts about BLT are having me re-think my low ranking. How's the vibe there? Is it loud or anything like that?
It's not really loud imo. The knock on BLT has always been theming and the studio size. I enjoy the modern look but it certainly could use a little more theming. As for the studios we have only stayed in once and it was fine although we didn't find the bathroom great and it was just 2 staying. When we stay at BLT now it is always a 1 bedroom unit though so I can't comment on any more than 2 in a studio.

The community hall and pool/activities cast members are great. I believe they are shared with the contemporary. Last trip DS wanted to play on the sand beach next to the two pools at the contemporary and they were able to track down some toys for him to use.

Only ranking WDW resorts:

1. AKV (Prefer Kidani but regardless of which it is all really just one big resort to us as we happily bounce between the 2 with ease. The long hallways are actually a plus since it is perfect for a walk with the stroller so the child can fall asleep while I enjoy the scenery and then back to the pool with him while in a deep sleep)
2. BCV
3. PVB
4. BWV
5. GFV
6. CCV
7. OKW
8. SSR
9. RIV
10. BRV
11. BLT

Only ranking WDW resorts:

1. AKV (Prefer Kidani but regardless of which it is all really just one big resort to us as we happily bounce between the 2 with ease. The long hallways are actually a plus since it is perfect for a walk with the stroller so the child can fall asleep while I enjoy the scenery and then back to the pool with him while in a deep sleep)
2. BCV
3. PVB
4. BWV
5. GFV
6. CCV
7. OKW
8. SSR
9. RIV
10. BRV
11. BLT

I'm curious about why you place BRV so low?

I'm curious about why you place BRV so low?
No first hand experience with that one so it is sort of based off motive to stay there. A personal taste thing. Wilderness Lodge in general isn't the highest on my list. Having said that, something about the rooms at CCV make me really want to try it but BRV rooms haven't had that effect on me. What I've seen of the refurb seems promising though so it may start closing the gap with where I currently have CCV.

WDW:
Beach Club - closest to WS with optional flat walkway to IG
Saratoga - walk to Disney Springs - fantastic non-park vacation location
Bay Lake Towers - closest to MK - monorail
Polynesian - love the room, 2 showers, piano hinged huge closet, large rooms, monorail
AK - Jambo - Love this place - totally bus dependent
Grand Floridian - OG - bit fussy for us with all the white and gold - great CS and monorail
Copper Creek - loud hallways
BoardWalk - close to WS, Bellevue Lounge - experienced multiple bad customer service
AK - Kidani - great atmosphere, customer service, large rooms, best beds
Boulder Ridge - nothing special - prefer CC
Old Key West - outside room parking makes it very driver friendly - very motel-ish - rooms are old, door self opens and has huge gap at bottom - we've stayed here when enjoying parks and entertainment outside of WDW.

TBD
Riviera
Grand Floridian - BPK

Probably won't experience (never say never!) because of extended plane ride - LOL
Aulani
Grand Californian
Grand Californian - OG
Disneyland Hotel (I actually stayed here in '72)

Very nice - great customer service - lots of atmosphere and walkable destinations (IMO):
Vero Beach
HIlton Head

Will only rank where we’ve stayed.

No disrespect to anyone’s home resort intended.

For whatever reason our WLs when booked at OKW after the 7 month mark, have always come thru. Do want to eventually try it

Note: Own at *

1). Aulani
2). DLH (will call this a holding space as admittedly haven’t stayed in DVC units-yet. Do love the resort vibe there. Don’t see how they could mess it up)
3). Polynesian
4) *WLV
5). BLT
6). *AKLJ
7) *BWV
8). CCV
9). GCV
10). BCV (main poolscape just too crowded)
11) *AKLK
12). SSR (last, yet always happy to see availability when needed)

1. AUL
2. PVB
3. Vero
4. BLT
5. CCV
5. VGC
6. BCV
7. GFV
8. BRV
9. BWV
10. AKV
11. OKW
12. RIV
13. SSR
14. HHI

I can only vote on where we've stayed. Combining room layouts/location/amenities.

1. BLT - love the room layouts that 2nd/3rd bathroom is a plus/ great location / arcade, restaurants
2. BCV - Location Location Location / great pool and restaurants / not a fan of this room layout,
3. BWV - Loses to BCV because of pool.
4. Poly - Love the Poly, looking forward (I hope) to new building.
5. WLV - Great Lobby feel, haven't stayed since Copper Creek additions.
5. OKW - Quiet and low points / big rooms / nice pool
6. AKV - Again great room layouts / pools are nice, food for us is lacking / bus to everywhere to long
7. SSR - Very nice resort just too large / pools are great / the bus is frustrating

No real complaints at any of them. We own at BLT and love hearing the train whistle from my balcony.

1. RIV : Home Resort : Love this resort : Skyliner is a plus
2. BCV : Pool & location are unbeatable, excited to see the updates
3. BWV : Location and boardwalk activities but loses to the BCV pool for sure
4. VGF : Amazing experience but not a huge MK or Monorail fan
5. POLY : Very neat resort, feels so different than the others
6. SSR : Didn't enjoy very much, would rather just bus from RIV to DS

I can only vote on where we've stayed. Combining room layouts/location/amenities.

1. BLT - love the room layouts that 2nd/3rd bathroom is a plus/ great location / arcade, restaurants
2. BCV - Location Location Location / great pool and restaurants / not a fan of this room layout,
3. BWV - Loses to BCV because of pool.
4. Poly - Love the Poly, looking forward (I hope) to new building.
5. WLV - Great Lobby feel, haven't stayed since Copper Creek additions.
5. OKW - Quiet and low points / big rooms / nice pool
6. AKV - Again great room layouts / pools are nice, food for us is lacking / bus to everywhere to long
7. SSR - Very nice resort just too large / pools are great / the bus is frustrating

No real complaints at any of them. We own at BLT and love hearing the train whistle from my balcony.

Why were the buses at SSR frustrating?

Why were the buses at SSR frustrating?
Not OP but the SSR buses have their own internal bus loop of like 5 stops. If you're staying in the treehouses you have to transfer. Having to deal with that many stops at the end of the night as opposed to the majority of the other resorts where you can take the skyliner, boats, monorail or simply walk from the parks makes it a negative.

I will only rank where we have been.

1. Grand Californian - own here, can't be beat
2. Aulani - own here as well
3. Kidani - we are spoiled, and as a 1 Bedroom family we expect to have two bathrooms so Kidani jumps above the others where we have been.
4. If actually going to the parks, Old Key West. Love the relaxed vibe. If not Saratoga Springs because of Disney Springs access. Since we have stayed at VGC so many times, all bus rides seem to be endless. They distance to the parks in Orlando is meaningless since that aspect is a pain anywhere in WDW.
5. If just chilling and not going to the parks, Saratoga Springs, otherwise Old Key West
6. Vero Beach - the kicked back chill vibe here is awesome.

I will only rank where we have been.

1. Grand Californian - own here, can't be beat
2. Aulani - own here as well
3. Kidani - we are spoiled, and as a 1 Bedroom family we expect to have two bathrooms so Kidani jumps above the others where we have been.
4. If actually going to the parks, Old Key West. Love the relaxed vibe. If not Saratoga Springs because of Disney Springs access. Since we have stayed at VGC so many times, all bus rides seem to be endless. They distance to the parks in Orlando is meaningless since that aspect is a pain anywhere in WDW.
5. If just chilling and not going to the parks, Saratoga Springs, otherwise Old Key West
6. Vero Beach - the kicked back chill vibe here is awesome.

Is the OKW transportation to the parks better than SSR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter